August 2020 Update
Metro Public Works is anticipating the beginning of appraisals and acquisition work on this project.
Next month: Metro Public Works will continue working on appraisals and acquisitions.
Metro Public Works is proposing to design and construct a roundabout at the intersection of Blue Hole Road and Pettus Road. The roundabout will be one-lane and will also serve as an entrance to the new Orchard Bend Park.
At intersection of Blue Hole Road and Pettus Road
District 31: Council Member John Rutherford
- Length on Blue Hole Road is 900 linear feet to the end of the park entrance.
- Length of Pettus Road, 1200 linear feet.
- Travel lane widths approaching roundabout, from 10 to 12 feet; within roundabout, travel lane to be 16 feet.
- Construction cost estimate: $1.3 million in local funds (includes park entrance).
- Utility coordination phase: started Spring 2019
- Right-of-Way phase: Fall 2019 (approximately 10-12 months)
- Final plans: Fall 2020
- Obtain contractor and CEI: Late Fall 2020
- Anticipated construction start date: Late Fall 2020 (for approx. 6–9 months)
For more information, please contact the Public Works project manager at 615-862-8730.