August 2020 Update
Metro Public Works corresponded with personnel of CSDG Engineering Consultants who are looking at plans to develop properties along Central Pike, within proximity of the current Metro project. They were informed of the proposed corridor widening project underway by the Tennessee Department of Transportation (TDOT) and given a point-of-contact at the Tennessee Department of Transportation (TDOT) regarding the plans for that widening.
Next month: Metro Public Works will continue to wait on the future status of the current Metro project to extend the turn lane from Tulip Grove Road to Valley Grove Drive on Central Pike.
Metro Public Works is proposing to widen Central Pike by extending the left turn lane from Tulip Grove Road to east of Valley Grove Road. Central Pike is a state route (265); all designs and right-of-way acquisition will follow Tennessee Department of Transportation standards and practices.
Tulip Grove Road to 734 feet east of Valley Grove Road (0.30 miles)
District 12: Council Member Erin Evans
- 1,600 Linear feet of 11 foot travel lanes and 5 foot paved shoulder
- Construction cost estimate: $896,000 local funds
- Right-of-Way and Utility phase underway: started Spring 2019 (for approximately 12 months)
- Final plans: Early Spring 2020
- Obtain contractor and CEI: Early Spring 2020
- Anticipated construction start date: early Summer 2020 (for approximately 6–9 months)
For more information, please contact the Public Works project manager at 615-862-8730.