August 2020 Update
The fully executed Tennessee Department of Transportation (TDOT) agreement amendment was received on July 29, 2020, which gives Metro Public Works use of the Tennessee Department of Transportation's (TDOT) on-call consultants for the next phase of work - appraisals and acquisitions. The current work phase for the project is the design of preliminary and final right-of-way plans. Initial utility coordination has been underway since the end of June 2020.
Next month: Metro Public Works will wrap-up the initial utility coordination. A second round of notifications to utility owners who have not responded will be sent.
Metro Public Works, in coordination with the Tennessee Department of Transportation, Metro Planning and WeGo Public Transit will be improving strategic pedestrian connections to the bus stops within the Plus Park area for the Bus Rapid Transit Lite and Local Services lines of WeGo Transit. The project will construct 5 foot sidewalks, 2.5 foot curb and gutters, and 2.5 foot grass strips on both the inbound and outbound sides of Murfreesboro Road connecting to existing sidewalk/curb and gutter sections within the project limits.
I-24 Exit Ramps to Foothills Drive (0.55 miles)
District 16: Council Member Ginny Welsch
- An approximate total of 3,645 linear feet of sidewalk and curb and gutter on inbound/outbound sides connecting with existing sidewalk, curb and gutter sections within project limits.
- Pedestrian crosswalks and signal upgrades at strategic locations
- Possible bike lockers and benches added at bus stops
- Construction cost estimate: $2.5 million ($2.0 million federal funds, $501,000 local funds)
- Anticipated start of design phase: Late Fall 2019
- Anticipated start of right-of-way phase: Summer 2020 (for approx. 10-12 months)
- Anticipated final plans: Spring 2021
- Obtain contractor and CEI: Fall 2021
- Anticipated construction start date: Winter 2021 (for approx. 10-12 months)
For more information, please contact the Public Works project manager at 615-862-8730.