Neighborhood Traffic Management Program Goals
The goal of the traffic management program is to use procedures and techniques that will lead to improvements in our transportation system. We will address areas where the road system is inadequate and people are using residential streets as bypasses. We will promote neighborhood livability by reducing speeding automobile traffic in residential neighborhoods. Although livability has no precise definition, it can be thought of as encompassing the following characteristics:
- The ability of residents to feel safe and secure in their neighborhood;
- The opportunity to interact socially with neighbors without significant traffic related distractions or threats;
- The ability to experience a sense of home and privacy;
- A sense of community and neighborhood identity;
- A balanced relationship between the multiple users of residential streets.