All Prices are set by the Metropolitan Government of Nashville and Davidson County and are non-negotiable. Cash and check are the only forms of payment accepted at the Convenience Centers.
- 3 items or less: No Charge (does not include mattresses, mattress pads or tires with rims)
- Recycling Drop-off: No charge
- Compostable Material Drop-off: No charge
- Tires without Rims: No charge (up to 4 tires total/month)
- Tires with Rims: $4/each (up to 4 tires total/month)
- Mattresses and Box Springs: $5/each (up to 4 total/month)
- Small Trailers (less than 4x6x1): $6.00
- Standard Pickups (level loads to top of truck rails): $6.00
- Stacked Pickup Loads (from top of truck rails to top of cab): $12.00
- All Other Loads/Trailers: $12.00 / cubic yard (all trailers will be measured at centers
All loose material must be bagged. Residents are allowed three bags per visit at no charge.
- Furniture/appliances (Refrigerators - East and Ezell Pike centers only)
- Mattress and box springs- any combination 4 per month
- Tires- up to 4 per month
- Scrap metal
- Small amounts of carpet/carpet pad (East, Ezell and Omohundro centers only). No stacked pick-up trucks or trailers loads allowed. Carpet pad must be separated from carpet for recycling purposes.
- Small amounts of "Do it Yourself" construction and demolition waste (East and Omohundro centers only); limit: 1/2-ton pickup stacked to the top of truck bed.
Aluminum and Steel Cans, Glass Bottles (clear, green and brown), Plastic Containers (bottles, jugs, and dairy tubs), Food and Beverage Cartons, Mixed Paper, Newspaper, Magazines, and Flattened Cardboard.
Note: All recyclable material must be placed loose in the appropriate containers do NOT put recyclables in plastic bags or put plastic bags in the containers.
All food scraps (including shells and bones), soiled paper products (cups, plates and boxes), dryer lint, hair and nail clippings, plants and pet food. No human or pet waste.
See a list of accepted compostable material.
Household Hazardous Waste
Cleaners / Solvents, Used Oil / Antifreeze, Batteries, Gas Cylinders,
Air Conditioners, Refrigerators, Florescent Tubes/Bulbs, etc.-- Limit:
15 gal. / 100 lb. per household/month.
Accepted at East and Ezell Centers Only.
Learn more about Household Hazardous Waste
Cell Phones, Computers and all accessories (limit one computer system
per month), DVD/VCR Players, E-Book Readers, Fax Machines, Monitors,
Printers, Tablets, Televisions, etc.
Accepted at East, Ezell, and Omohundro Centers Only.
Learn more about Electronic Waste
Waste Items That Are Not Accepted
- Commercial Waste of any kind
- Waste in any commercial vehicle or vehicle with commercial tags
- Gas Tanks
- Unpainted / Untreated Wood *
- Leaves / Brush *
- Asbestos (shingles, flooring, etc.)
- Roofing Shingles
- Rock / Brick / Dirt
- Medical Waste
- Radioactive Material
- Ammunition / Flares / Fireworks
* Unpainted and untreated wood, leaves, and brush items may be taken to one of the Yard Waste Processing Facilities listed below.
Wood, Brush and Yard Waste
Residents can take small amounts of brush and yard waste (no more than a level pickup truck load) to the Ezell Pike Convenience Center. Larger amounts can be taken to Metro's contractor, Living Earth:
East Side: 1511 Elm Hill Pike, Nashville, TN 37210
West Side: 6401 Centennial Blvd., Nashville, TN 37209 (entrance by West Nashville Wrecker Service)
Hours: Monday-Friday 7:00 a.m.-4:30 p.m. and Saturday 8:00 a.m.-3:00 p.m.
Residents dropping off brush and yard waste must follow the guidelines below:
- Show proof of Davidson County residency.
- Davidson County residents can dispose of brush and other yard waste free of charge, as long as it is hauled in a pick-up truck. Trailers will be charged a fee.
- Acceptable Material: unpainted/untreated wood; limbs and brush; leaves and non-commercial grass clippings only in biodegradable paper bags that are free from any other trash or material. Limbs cannot be more than 4 inches in diameter, longer than 15 feet.
- Stumps with root balls and dirt are not accepted.
Center Locations and Hours
All convenience centers are closed on Metro Holidays.
943A Doctor Richard G. Adams Drive
Nashville, TN 37207
- Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, and Saturday, 7:30 a.m.-11:30 a.m.; 12:30 p.m.-4:30 p.m.
- Closed on Wednesday and Sunday
Ezell Pike Center
3254 Ezell Pike
Nashville, TN 37211
- Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, and Saturday, 7:30 a.m.-11:00 a.m.; Noon-4:30 p.m.
- Closed on Tuesday and Sunday
1019 Omohundro Place
Nashville, TN 37210
- Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, and Saturday, 7:30 a.m.-Noon; 1:00 p.m.-4:30 p.m.
- Closed on Monday and Sunday
Anderson Lane Center
939A Anderson Lane
Madison, TN 37115
- Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, 7:30 a.m.-11:30 a.m.; 12:30 p.m.-4:30 p.m.
- Closed on Monday and Sunday