Transfer & Mortgage Tax Refund Procedure
The State Department of Revenue is the only authorized agency which can refund an overpayment of Realty Transfer & Mortgage Tax. To request a refund you will need to include the following items:
- Copies of the instruments filed.
- Receipt’s showing taxes paid on the instruments filed.
- A brief statement as to the basis for the refund.
- A completed Claim of Refund Form.
- For any refund in excess of $200 a completed Report of Debt form is required.
The request should be mailed to the State Department of Revenue at the following address:
State of Tennessee
Department of Revenue
Andrew Jackson State Office Bldg
500 Deaderick Street
Nashville, TN 37242
If you need further assistance please call 615-741-0443.
Claim for refund
Report of Debts