Phone: (615) 862-6458
The Family Services Program addresses the needs of individuals and families, assists customers in developing or improving their life skills, increasing independence and improving family Stability. Services include Information and Referral Services, Counseling, Case Management and other assistance.
The program assists people who are homeless or at imminent risk of becoming homeless by providing supportive services and coordinating direct services with partner agencies. Case management helps people find housing and jobs.
Residents of Davidson County who are at least 18 years of age are eligible for services, including individuals, families, extended families, elderly persons and people who have disabilities.
MSS Program Services Flyer
MSS Life Management Skills Flyer
Other Metro Social Services Programs
Homeless Services - 615-880-2526
- Address the needs of individuals and families who are homeless or at imminent risk of becoming homeless by providing supportive services and coordinating direct services with partner agencies.
Burial Assistance - 615-862-6458
- Provides assistance to families experiencing grief from the loss of a loved one.
Senior Nutrition Services - 615-880-2292
- Promotes health and well-being of persons over 60 years of age by providing nutritious meals at congregate meal sites or delivering to senior homes.
Nutritional Food Supplement – 615-892-6458
- Nutritional food supplement sold with doctor’s prescription.
Adult Homemaker Program - 615-862-6480
- Serves frail elderly and disabled adults who need help with household tasks and/or personal care
Children’s Homemaker Program – 615-862-6480
- Specialized services to support families with children under age 18 who are at imminent risk of entering state custody.
Program Description and Eligibility Summary