Family Support Program
The Family Support Services Program assists customers in developing or improving their life skills, increasing independence and advancing family stability. This is established through intensive case management, budgeting, individual and family short-term solution-oriented counseling, life skills management and family centered casework.
The Family Support Program utilizes family centered casework to strengthen and enhance families by addressing the needs of individual family members and the dynamics of the family, and by enhancing interaction and communication within the family. Although the program provides no direct financial assistance, Information & Referral services help customers acquire necessary resources by navigating the social services delivery systems to meet their identified needs.
- Resident of Nashville Davidson County
- At least 18 years of age
- Individuals, Families, Elderly, Disabled and Extended Families are eligible for service
- Case Management Services, Life Management Skills, Family Centered Casework, Short Term Solution Oriented Counseling are available to individuals and families, provided by degreed Social Workers and Professionals.
- Complete initial comprehensive assessment of the presenting needs on their first visit. Services are provided for a minimum of 30 days to a maximum of 6 months, depending on the individualized service plan and goals.
- Although no direct financial assistance is provided by the program, Information & Referral services help customers acquire necessary resources by navigating the social services delivery systems.
- Parenting Skill Development courses are offered by a licensed Social Worker on a sliding fee scale, which is based on the individual’s income. (Other program services are provided without a fee.)
- Services are provided Monday through Friday. Walk in customers are seen from 8 am to 3 pm daily.
For Additional Information
Please contact Lonnie Wade, Program Manager at 615-862-6432 (Fax 615-880-2535).