Soil and Water Conservation
The Davidson County Soil Conservation District was established in 1946 as a subdivision of the state government. The mission of the Davidson County Soil Conservation District is to provide conservation planning, education, information and technical assistance to landowners, groups and units of government so they can enhance and benefit from the proper management of our natural resources.
The Davidson County Soil Conservation District is governed by a five-member Board of Supervisors.
The challenges of the future can seem great. Did you know that in the next 40 years, the number of people in our country is expected to double?
- We'll need more food.
- We'll need more clean water.
- We will need more wood from our forests.
- We'll need to build housing for many millions more people.
- All those people will want land for outdoor recreation.
- We'll need transportation for all those people.
The challenges of the future can seem overwhelming, until you consider the successes of this century. Since 1900, the number of people in our country has almost tripled, and yet...
- On the average, people are living longer with better health.
- Our air and water are cleaner.
- Even though about the same amount of land is used for farming, world food production has increased four-fold.
Our present success is largely due to our system of conservation districts. These local, self-governing groups have helped people learn to conserve natural resources. Conservation districts have helped meet the challenges of the past, and they will help us make a brighter future.
Conservation districts depend on local members from all walks of life. People study natural resources and make decisions about their use in their own community.
Meetings occur on 4th Wednesday of each month at 9:00am. Please check with our office in case there is a change in time or date.
Statement of Non-Discrimination
All programs and services are offered and are available on a nondiscriminatory basis without regard to race, color, national origin, age, sex, religion, marital status or disabilities