Grease Interceptor and Grease Trap Certification
- Date: Classes are scheduled the fourth Thursday in March and in September
- Time: 9:00 a.m. - 10:30 a.m.
- Location: Metro Water Services Biosolids Facility Conference Room
1810 Cement Plant Road, Nashville, TN 37208
- Parking: Across from Biosolids Facility on Cement Plant Road
Who should attend?
Those individuals that will be completing grease interceptor and grease trap certification forms, including grease waste haulers, plumbers, and engineers. For grease interceptor and grease trap certifications to be acceptable to Metro Water Services, the individual completing the certification form must attend this class.
What is the cost to attend?
No cost to attend. You must pre-register for the class by 3rd Friday in March and September. Seating is limited to 30 seats.
What will be included in the certification class?
A review of grease interceptor and grease trap components, maintenance procedures and cleaning methods, followed by a short test. Grease Interceptor and Grease Trap Certification Cards will be issued to individuals completing the class and passing the short test.
How do I pre-register for the Grease Interceptor/Grease Trap Certification Class?
Download and complete the Grease Interceptor & Grease Trap Certification Class registration form (currently unavailable).
Deadline: Forms must be received by third Friday in March & September.
- Email the company name and the names of the individuals that will be attending the certification class to EnvironmentalCompliance@Nashville.gov
- Or FAX the completed form to 615-862-4581
Note: Please pre-register soon. Seating is limited and registration may close early if the limit is reached before the deadline. If you have any questions, or need additional information, contact Metro Water Services, Environmental Compliance Section at 615-862-4590.