Skip to Content
Water Services

Soil and Water Conservation Technical Assistance

Financial and Economic Incentives

The US Department of Agriculture (USDA) offers a variety of financial incentives to producers and landowners interested in conservation programs. Some programs offer annual payments for a conservation use, others offer one time up-front payments for long-term easements for a conservation use, and most include government funds to share in the costs of installing conservation measures. Local USDA offices have information on these payments.

Technical Help

The Natural Resources Conservation Service (NRCS) of USDA helps plan and use conservation practices on private lands. Technical assistance is provided on a day-to-day basis, and contributes to the value of the Farm Bill conservation programs. Technical help is also available through certified technical service providers. Local USDA offices can provide additional information.


The USDA works with many partners to deliver conservation services and programs. Local conservation districts, Cooperative Extension, Resource Conservation, and Development Councils (RC&Ds), state fish and wildlife agencies, state forestry agencies and conservation organizations each play an important role. Experts in each organization can provide technical help and may offer educational and financial assistance on top of what USDA offers to establish conservation practices.

We also offer cost share funds allocated from Tennessee Department of Agriculture for best management practices that are available in the Whites Creek Watershed. For more information, call our office at 615-880-2030.