Nashville is a prospering city that offers a high quality of living in a low-cost business environment. The state of Tennessee has no personal income tax and the city of Nashville has a low overall tax burden.
In 2017, Forbes ranked Nashville as the third best big city for jobs in the U.S. and number 7 on the list of top 25 fastest growing cities of 2018.
Nashville’s current momentum is based, in part, on the plethora of attractive cultural and entertainment options, including:
- Ranked as the number 1 minor league baseball city by SmartAsset
- Ranked as “the nation’s best music scene” by Rolling Stone
- Successful and well-respected NFL and NHL franchises
- World-class symphony has received 14 GRAMMY® nominations and seven wins
- Over 12,000 acres of parks and 12 golf courses
Nashville has live music of multiple genres being performed every night. With more than 180 recording studios, and 5,000 working musicians, Nashville is clearly “Music City.” Music is the reason that many people come to Nashville, but our two major sports teams, extensive park system, and endless arts and cultural opportunities offer people plenty of reasons to stay.
We invite you to stay a while and to Live, Work, and Play in Nashville.
Learn more about Nashville’s quality of life and workforce by visiting the Nashville Area Chamber of Commerce’s Economic Development website.