Understanding Your Bill
Your monthly bill consists of water and wastewater (sewerage) charges based on your actual meter reading*. Davidson County residents are also charged a stormwater user fee. For a complete list of residential and commercial rates and fees, please see water, sewer and stormwater rates.
*Meter readings are captured by an electronic reading device. The Metropolitan Code of Laws requires that water meters be accessible at all times. Proper accessibility ensures accurate readings and allows readers to examine boxes for damages or leaks.
In order to avoid a late payment charge which is the greater of $2.50 or 5 percent of the current net bill, payment must be posted within 20 days of the bill date. Accounts overdue for more than 20 days are subject to disconnection.
Sample Bill and Explanations of each section.
Paying Your Bill
Online Bill Pay
Online Bill Pay allows customers to view a wide range of account information online, including current balance, bill image for last 12 months, payment and consumption history, frequently asked questions, and open service request status. There are three levels of access based on the customer’s needs and preferences:
- Premium Access offers a full set of account-access options and self-service options, including e-bill registration, creation of service requests, enrollment in recurring payment plans, and account-profile management. You will need to create an online account for premium access.
- Standard Access allows limited account access, including account balance and payment, billing and usage histories. No registration is required for Standard Access.
- Landlord Access allows limited account access, including account number, service address, account balance and payment links for a landlord's multiple properties. No registration is required for Landlord Access.
Payment Automated Services
For your convenience, you may access our automated services 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, by calling 615-862-4600. With automated services you can:
- Pay your bill
- Obtain routine information about your account
- Find information on office hours and payment locations
Pay by Bank Draft
Bank drafts are convenient and you never have to worry about late payments. Your account will be charged 15 days from the billing date. To qualify for payment by bank draft, you must have an account with a bank or other financial institution that offers Automated Clearing House service. Print an enrollment form or use automated services (615-862-4600) to request a form 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Pay by Telephone
To pay your bill over the phone using VISA or MasterCard, use automated services (615-862-4600) 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Pay by Mail
To pay by mail, send your bill and payment to:
Metro Water Services
P.O. Box 305225
Nashville, TN 37230-5225
Bill Pay Kiosk
We have three bill pay kiosks located at our Customer Service Center, 1700 Third Avenue North, one of which is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Kiosks accept cash, checks and all major credit cards.
Pay In Person
You may pay your bill in person at our Customer Service Center, located at 1700 Third Avenue North, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m., Monday through Friday.