SECOND SUBSTITUTE ORDINANCE NO. BL2002-1226
A Substitute Ordinance amending Title 17 of the Metropolitan Code, zoning regulations, by amending various sections relative to the Commercial Amusement (outside), all of which is more particularly described herein (Proposal No. 2002Z-022T).
NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT ENACTED BY THE COUNCIL OF THE METROPOLITAN GOVERNMENT OF NASHVILLE AND DAVIDSON COUNTY:
SECTION 1. That the codification of Title 17 of the Code of The Metropolitan Government of Nashville and Davidson County, Zoning Regulations, be and the same is hereby amended as follows:
A. By amending Section 17.08.030 District Land Use Tables. by adding Commercial Amusement (outside) as SE (special exception) in the IR and IWD zoning districts.
B. By amending Section 17.16.220 Recreation and entertainment special exceptions. to insert in alphabetical order and appropriately numbered “Commercial Amusement (outside) as follows:
“1. Buildings. Any new structure constructed on the property shall be no greater in size than one thousand, five hundred square feet.
2. Setback. Where any building or outdoor storage area, excluding passenger car parking lots, abuts a residential zone district or district permitting residential use, there shall be a minimum setback of one hundred feet from the property line.
3. Landscape Buffer. Along all residential zone districts and districts permitting residential use, screening in the form of landscape buffer yard standard A shall be applied along common property lines.
4. Lighting. All light and glare shall be directed on-site to ensure surrounding properties are not adversely impacted by increases in direct or indirect ambient lighting levels.
5. Street Standard. At a minimum, driveway access shall be from a collector street.
6. The board of zoning appeals may stipulate, based on the zoning pattern and nature of the land uses in the immediate area, whether a maximum of sixty or seventy decibels noise level on the A-weighted scale shall be permitted to occur at the site boundary.”
SECTION 2. That this Ordinance shall take effect five (5) days from and after its passage and such change be published in a newspaper of general circulation, the welfare of The Metropolitan Government of Nashville and Davidson County requiring it.
Sponsored by: Phil Ponder
|Second Substitute Bill Introduced:||February 4, 2003|
Commission - Approved 8-0 (2/13/03)
Planning & Zoning Committee
|Passed Second Reading:||February 4, 2003|
|Passed Third Reading:||February 18, 2003|
|Approved:||February 24, 2003|
|Effective Date:||February 26, 2003|