ORDINANCE NO. BL2004-338
An ordinance to amend Title 17 of the Metropolitan Code of Laws, the Zoning Ordinance of The Metropolitan Government of Nashville and Davidson County, by applying a preliminary Planned Unit Development with 121 single-family lots (38.44 acres), located abutting the east side of Whites Creek Pike, north of Green Lane, all of which is described herein, (Proposal No. 2004P-012U-03).
NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT ENACTED BY THE COUNCIL OF THE METROPOLITAN GOVERNMENT OF NASHVILLE AND DAVIDSON COUNTY:
Section 1. That Title 17 of the Code of Laws of The Metropolitan Government of Nashville and Davidson County, is hereby amended by making certain changes in the Official Zoning Map for Metropolitan Nashville and Davidson County, which is made a part of Title 17 by reference, as follows:
By applying a preliminary Planned Unit Development with 121 single-family lots, (38.44 acres), located abutting the east side of Whites Creek Pike, north of Green Lane, as being Property Parcel No. 185 as designated on Map 49 of Official Property Identification Maps of The Metropolitan Government of Nashville and Davidson County, all of which is more particularly described by lines, words and figures on the attached plan that was duly considered by the Planning Commission, and which is on file with the Metropolitan Planning Department and made a part of this ordinance as though copied herein.
Section 2. Be it further enacted, that the Metropolitan Clerk is hereby authorized and directed, upon the enactment and approval of this ordinance, to cause the change to be made on Sheet No. 49 of said Official Zoning Map for Metropolitan Nashville and Davidson County, as set out in Section 1 of this ordinance, and to make notation thereon of reference to the date of passage and approval of this amendatory ordinance.
Section 3. Be it further enacted, that prior to final plat recordation, all traffic mitigation recommendations provided by the Public Works Department, including the following conditions, shall be completed or bonded with the appropriate performance agreement, including the following:
1. Construct project access road with 2 exiting 12-foot wide lanes and 1 entering
12-foot wide lane. Left turn lane shall have 50 feet of storage with transition
per AASHTO standards.
2. Construct 12-foot wide southbound left turn lane on Whites Creek Pike (WCP) at the project access with 100 feet of storage and transition per AASHTO standards.
3. Construct 12-foot wide northbound right turn lane on WCP at the project access with 100 feet of storage and transition per AASHTO standards.
4. Provide adequate sight distance for the access road. Remove vegetation along east side of WCP to provide a minimum 425 feet of sight distance. Locate access road at crest of hill and submit sight triangles and road profile in conjunction with the PUD construction drawings.
5. Provide pedestrian and bike access to future Greenway west of site and future bike lanes on WCP.
6. Dedicate or reserve ROW for the U4 and right turn lane on WCP.
Section 4. Be it further enacted, that this ordinance take effect immediately after its passage and such change be published in a newspaper of general circulation, the welfare of The Metropolitan Government of Nashville and Davidson County requiring it.
Sponsored by: Carolyn Baldwin Tucker, Ludye Wallace
|Introduced:||August 3, 2004|
|Passed First Reading:||August 3, 2004|
Commission – Approved 10-0
(July 8, 2004)
Planning & Zoning Committee
|Deferred Indefinitely:||September 7, 2004|
|Withdrawn:||August 21, 2007|