ORDINANCE NO. BL2006-1178
An Ordinance amending Chapters 17.04, 17.08, 17.16 and 17.20 of Title 17 of the Metropolitan Code, Zoning Regulations, by designating "Car Wash" as a use permitted with conditions (PC), and adding certain conditions pertaining to car washes, all of which is more specifically described herein (Proposal No. 2006Z-165T).
NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT ENACTED BY THE COUNCIL OF THE METROPOLITAN GOVERNMENT OF NASHVILLE AND DAVIDSON COUNTY:
Section 1. That the codification of Title 17 of the Code of The Metropolitan Government of Nashville and Davidson County, Zoning Regulations, be and the same is hereby amended by amending Section 17.08.030, District Land Use Tables, by amending the Commercial Uses portion of the table by making "Car Wash" a "PC" (permitted with conditions) use under the MUL, MUG, MUI, CL, CS, CA, CF, CC, SCN, and SCR districts.
Section 3. That the codification of Title 17 of the Code of The Metropolitan Government of Nashville and Davidson County, Zoning Regulations, be and the same is hereby amended by amending Section 17.16.070, Land Use Development Standards, by deleting subsection G. "Car Wash" in its entirety, and substituting in lieu thereof the following new subsection G.:
"G. Car Wash.
1. Residential Setback. Whether automatic, free, self-service or by hand, the car wash structure (including wash bays) and any outdoor vacuuming machines or areas, shall be located fifty feet away from any residential zone district or district permitting residential use.
2. Openings. All washing facilities shall be located within a structure which is enclosed except those openings necessary for vehicular and pedestrian access. Such openings shall not face any adjacent residentially zoned property.
3. Walls. Car washing facilities shall be separated from adjacent property other than street frontage by a masonry wall of not less than six nor more than eight feet in height. If adjacent property is commercially developed and a solid wall already exists on the property line, the zoning administrator may modify or waive this requirement as necessary to achieve the purposes of this section.
4. Parking. For facilities without defined stalls, a stall shall be calculated based on one stall being the equivalent to each twenty linear feet of washing area lane.
5. Hours of Operation.
If located within one hundred feet of a residential zone district or district
permitting residential uses, operation of the establishment shall be prohibited
prior to eight a.m. or after ten p.m. on any day of the week.
6. Outdoor Loudspeakers. There shall be no outdoor loudspeakers or public address systems.
7. Vehicle Sales or Storage. No vehicle may be stored or parked on the premises for the purpose of offering it for sale.
Section 3. That this Ordinance shall take effect five (5) days from and after its passage and such change be published in a newspaper of general circulation, the welfare of The Metropolitan Government of Nashville and Davidson County requiring it.
Sponsored by: Amanda McClendon, Diane Neighbors, Charlie Tygard, J. B. Loring, Carl Burch, Harold White, Jamie Isabel, Ludye Wallace, Buck Dozier
|Introduced:||September 19, 2006|
|Passed First Reading:||September 19, 2006|
Commission - Approved 7-1
(December 14, 2006)
Planning & Zoning Committee
|Deferred to January 2, 2007: (Public Hearing)||November 9, 2006|
|Passed Second Reading:||January 2, 2007 - Roll Call Vote|
|Deferred:||January 16, 2006|
|Deferred Indefinitely:||February 6, 2007|
|Defeated:||August 21, 2007|