ORDINANCE NO. BL2006-1253
An ordinance to amend Title 17 of the Metropolitan Code of Laws, the Zoning Ordinance of The Metropolitan Government of Nashville and Davidson County, by changing from RS5 to SP zoning property located at 711 and 713 40th Avenue North, at the southwest corner of Clifton Avenue and 40th Avenue North (.54 acres), to permit the development of 10 townhomes, all of which is described here in (Proposal No. 2006SP-135U-08).
NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT ENACTED BY THE COUNCIL OF THE METROPOLITAN GOVERNMENT OF NASHVILLE AND DAVIDSON COUNTY:
Section 1. That Title 17 of the Code of Laws of The Metropolitan Government of Nashville and Davidson County, is hereby amended by changing the Official Zoning Map for Metropolitan Nashville and Davidson County, which is made a part of Title 17 by reference, as follows:
By changing from RS5 to SP zoning property located at 711 and 713 40th Avenue North, at the southwest corner of Clifton Avenue and 40th Avenue North (.54 acres), to permit the development of 10 townhomes, as being Property Parcel Nos. 197, 198 as designated on Map 091-12 of the Official Property Identification Maps of The Metropolitan Government of Nashville and Davidson County, all of which is described by lines, words and figures on the plan that was duly considered by the Metropolitan Planning Commission, and which is on file with the Metropolitan Planning Department and made a part of this ordinance as though copied herein.
Section 2. Be it further enacted, that the Metropolitan Clerk is hereby authorized and directed, upon the enactment and approval of this ordinance, to cause the change to be made on Sheet No. 091 of said Official Zoning Map for Metropolitan Nashville and Davidson County, as set out in Section 1 of this ordinance, and to make notation thereon of reference to the date of passage and approval of this amendatory ordinance.
Section 3. Be it further enacted, that this ordinance take effect immediately after its passage and such change be published in a newspaper of general circulation, the welfare of The Metropolitan Government of Nashville and Davidson County requiring it.
Sponsored by: Edward Whitmore
ORDINANCE NO. BL2006-1253
I move to amend SP Ordinance No. BL2006-1253 by inserting a new Section 3 and renumbering the following sections of the Ordinance accordingly:
"Section 3. Be it further enacted that the following conditions be bonded, completed, or satisfied prior to final site plan approval, or as otherwise stated or required:
1. The application, including attached materials, plans and reports submitted by the applicant and all adopted conditions of approval shall constitute the plans and regulations as required for the Specific Plan rezoning until a Final Plan is filed per the requirement listed below. Except as otherwise noted herein, the application, supplemental information and conditions of approval shall be used by the planning department and department of codes administration to determine compliance, both in the review of final site plans and issuance of permits for construction and field inspection. Deviation from these plans will require review by the Planning Commission and approval by the Metropolitan Council.
2. All Public Works conditions shall be bonded and/or completed as required by the Department of Public Works.
3. Before submission of the final site plan, the applicant must address the requirements of the Stormwater Division. Prior to the issuance of any permits, confirmation of compliance with the final approval of this proposal shall be forwarded to the Planning Department by the Stormwater Management division of Water Services.
4. Fire Marshall comments must be addressed before submittal of the final site plan. In addition, the requirements of the Metropolitan Fire Marshal's Office for emergency vehicle access and adequate water supply for fire protection must be met prior to the issuance of any building permits.
5. This development shall comply with the landscaping requirements of the Metro Zoning Ordinance for the RM20 district. A landscape plan shall be submitted with the final SP plan.
6. A landscape buffer or opaque fence shall be provided along the perimeter of the parking area, unless parcels 199 and 301 are consolidated into this development.
7. Prior to the issuance of any permits, confirmation of final approval of this proposal shall be forwarded to the Planning Commission by the Stormwater Management division of Water Services.
8. Prior to the issuance of any permits, confirmation of final approval of this proposal shall be forwarded to the Planning Commission by the Traffic Engineering Section of the Metropolitan Department of Public Works for all improvements within public rights of way.
9. Within 120 days of Planning Commission approval of this preliminary SP plan, and in any event prior to any additional development applications for this property, including submission of a final SP site plan, the applicant shall provide the Planning Department with a final corrected copy of the preliminary SP plan for filing and recording with the Davidson County Register of Deeds. Failure to submit a final corrected copy of the preliminary SP plan within 120 days will void the Commission's approval and require resubmission of the plan to the Planning Commission.
10. For any development standards, regulations and requirements not specifically shown on the SP plan and/or included as a condition of Commission or Council approval, the property shall be subject to the standards, regulations and requirements of the RM20 zoning district at the effective date of this ordinance, which must be shown on the plan.
11. Minor adjustments to the site plan may be approved by the planning commission or its designee based upon final architectural, engineering or site design and actual site conditions. All adjustments shall be consistent with the principles and further the objectives of the approved plan. Adjustments shall not be permitted, except through an ordinance approved by Metro Council that increase the permitted density or intensity, add uses not otherwise permitted, eliminate specific conditions or requirements contained in the plan as adopted through this enacting ordinance, or add vehicular access points not currently present or approved.
Sponsored by: Edward Whitmore
|Introduced:||October 17, 2006|
|Deferred:||October 17, 2006|
|Passed First Reading:||November 9, 2006|
Commission - Approved 9-0
(December 14, 2006)
Planning & Zoning Committee
|Passed Second Reading:||January 2, 2007|
|Amended:||January 16, 2007|
|Passed Third Reading:||January 16, 2007|
|Approved:||January 17, 2007|
|Effective:||January 19, 2007|