ORDINANCE NO. BL2006-1286
An ordinance to amend Title 17 of the Metropolitan Code of Laws, the Zoning Ordinance of The Metropolitan Government of Nashville and Davidson County, by changing from AR2a to SP zoning, property located at 6419 Pettus Road, at the end of Autumn Crossing Way, to permit 69 single-family lots and 64 multi-family units (28.99 acres), all of which is described herein (Proposal No. 2006SP-112G-12).
NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT ENACTED BY THE COUNCIL OF THE METROPOLITAN GOVERNMENT OF NASHVILLE AND DAVIDSON COUNTY:
Section 1. That Title 17 of the Code of Laws of The Metropolitan Government of Nashville and Davidson County, is hereby amended by changing the Official Zoning Map for Metropolitan Nashville and Davidson County, which is made a part of Title 17 by reference, as follows:
By changing from AR2a to SP zoning, property located at 6419 Pettus Road, at the end of Autumn Crossing Way, to permit 69 single-family lots and 64 multi-family units, requested by Centex Homes, (28.99 acres), as being part of Property Parcel No. 052 as designated on Map 181-00 of the Official Property Identification Maps of The Metropolitan Government of Nashville and Davidson County, all of which is described by lines, words and figures on the plan that was duly considered by the Metropolitan Planning Commission, and which is on file with the Metropolitan Planning Department and made a part of this ordinance as though copied herein.
Section 2. Be it further enacted, that the Metropolitan Clerk is hereby authorized and directed, upon the enactment and approval of this ordinance, to cause the change to be made on Sheet No. 181 of said Official Zoning Map for Metropolitan Nashville and Davidson County, as set out in Section 1 of this ordinance, and to make notation thereon of reference to the date of passage and approval of this amendatory ordinance.
3. Be it further enacted that the following conditions be bonded, completed,
or satisfied prior to final development plan approval, or final plat recordation,
1. A revised plan is to be submitted that includes the reconfiguration of lots 59-61, or removal of those lots, to stay out of the 20% slope area.
2. With final SP approval, Stormwater Management conditions must be met.
3. A total of 443 linear feet of roadway improvements is required for the infrastructure deficiency policy, as the location is determined by Metro Public Works prior to final SP approval.
4. All buildings shall have a finished floor elevation at a minimum of 1.5 ft. from the top of curb measured at the mid point of the lot.
5. Building walls shall be finished in brick, stone, fiber cement siding, shingles, stucco, or vinyl siding.
6. Brick shall be used on 100% of the front façade of the buildings, excluding non-structural architectural features such as dormers, porch gables, etc.
7. Building walls at all side elevations shall be brick on the first floor.
8. Homes built on transition lots, as identified on the site plan, shall have 100% brick fronts excluding non-structural architectural features such as dormers, porch gables, etc. Building walls at all side elevations that are greater than one story shall have brick to the top of the second floor excluding gables.
9. Public Works' design standards, including cross-sections, geometry, and off-site improvements, shall be met prior to approval of roadway or site construction plans. Final design and improvements may vary based on field conditions.
10. Within residential developments all utilities are to be underground. The utility providing the service is to approve the design and construction. The developer is to coordinate the location of all underground utilities. Conduit for street lighting is required in the GSD.
11. Prior to any additional development applications for this property, the applicant shall provide the Planning Department with a final corrected copy of the SP plan for filing and recording with the Davidson County Register of Deeds.
12. For any development standards, regulations and requirements not specifically shown on the SP plan and/or included as a condition of Commission or Council approval, the property shall be subject to the standards, regulations and requirements of the RS10 zoning district for the single family portion and RM9 district for the multi-family portion, which must be shown on the plan.
13. Prior to the issuance of any permits, confirmation of preliminary approval of this proposal shall be forwarded to the Planning Commission by the Stormwater Management division of Water Services.
14. Prior to the issuance of any permits, confirmation of preliminary approval of this proposal shall be forwarded to the Planning Commission by the Traffic Engineering Section of the Metropolitan Department of Public Works for all improvements within public rights of way.
15. All signage must be approved by the Planning Commission.
16. The requirements of the Metropolitan Fire Marshal's Office for emergency vehicle access and adequate water supply for fire protection must be met prior to the issuance of any building permits. If any cul-de-sac is required to be larger than the dimensions specified by the Metropolitan Subdivision Regulations, such cul-de-sac must include a landscaped median in the middle of the turn-around, including trees. The required turnaround may be up to 100 feet diameter.
17. This preliminary plan approval for the residential portion of the master plans is based upon the stated acreage. The actual number of dwelling units to be constructed may be reduced upon approval of a final site development plan if a boundary survey confirms there is less site acreage.
Section 4. Be it further enacted, that this Ordinance take effect immediately after its passage and such change be published in a newspaper of general circulation, the welfare of The Metropolitan Government of Nashville and Davidson County requiring it.
Sponsored by: Parker Toler
|Introduced:||November 21, 2006|
|Passed First Reading:||November 21, 2006|
Commission - Approved 9-0
(December 14, 2006)
Planning & Zoning Committee
|Passed Second Reading:||January 2, 2007|
|Passed Third Reading:||January 16, 2007|
|Approved:||January 17, 2007|
|Effective:||January 19, 2007|