ORDINANCE NO. BL2009-391
An ordinance to amend Title 17 of the Metropolitan Code of Laws, the Zoning Ordinance of The Metropolitan Government of Nashville and Davidson County, by applying an Institutional Overlay District to Fisk University located east of Dr. D.B. Todd Boulevard, along 16th Avenue North, 17th Avenue North, Herman Street, Jackson Street, Jefferson Street, Meharry Boulevard, and Phillips Street (44.23 acres), zoned RM20 and within the Jefferson Street Redevelopment District, to identify the proposed campus boundaries and future university planning efforts, all of which is described here in (Proposal No. 2008IN-002U-08).
NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT ENACTED BY THE COUNCIL OF THE METROPOLITAN GOVERNMENT OF NASHVILLE AND DAVIDSON COUNTY:
Section 1. That Title 17 of the Code of Laws of The Metropolitan Government of Nashville and Davidson County, is hereby amended by changing the Official Zoning Map for Metropolitan Nashville and Davidson County, which is made a part of Title 17 by reference, as follows:
By applying in an Institutional Overlay District to Fisk University located east of Dr. D.B. Todd Boulevard, along 16th Avenue North, 17th Avenue North, Herman Street, Jackson Street, Jefferson Street, Meharry Boulevard, and Phillips Street (44.23 acres), zoned RM20 and within the Jefferson Street Redevelopment District, to identify the proposed campus boundaries and future university planning efforts, as being Various Property Parcel Nos. as designated on Maps 092-03, 092-04, 081-15 and Property Parcel No 001 as designated on Map 092-08 of the Official Property Identification Maps of The Metropolitan Government of Nashville and Davidson County, all of which is described by lines, words and figures on the plan that was duly considered by the Metropolitan Planning Commission, and which is on file with the Metropolitan Planning Department and made a part of this ordinance as though copied herein.
Section 2. Be it further enacted, that the Metropolitan Clerk is hereby authorized and directed, upon the enactment and approval of this ordinance, to cause the change to be made on Sheet Nos. 092, 081 of said Official Zoning Map for Metropolitan Nashville and Davidson County, as set out in Section 1 of this ordinance, and to make notation thereon of reference to the date of passage and approval of this amendatory ordinance.
Section 3. Be it further enacted, that the following conditions shall be completed, bonded or satisfied as specifically required:
1. All Public Works conditions and requirements shall be met with the submittal of any Final Site Plan.
2. With any Final Site Plan for new parking facilities along Jefferson Street and/or Dr. D.B. Todd Jr. Boulevard, a detailed landscaping plan shall be provided showing the preservation of the existing trees outside of the area shown on the Master Plan for parking and showing additional landscaping at a minimum of 30 inches in height immediately surrounding the parking lots along Jefferson Street and Dr. D.B. Todd Jr. Boulevard to provide screening of vehicles from the streets.
3. No electronic signs shall be permitted.
4. Prior to the issuance of any permits, MDHA shall review any plans for new construction or addition to any building in Phase 3 of the Institutional Overlay. For any new development, redevelopment or improvement, a site plan shall be prepared which shows location of structures, appurtenance, walls, signs, driveways, parking and service areas, walks, utilities, plantings, and grades. The site plan shall be submitted for review and approval by MDHA’s Design review Committee before issuance of any associated building permits.
5. Temporary buildings and/or structures, to be used for a limited, specified time period, shall be approved by the Planning staff.
Section 4. Be it further enacted that, a corrected copy of the Preliminary Institutional Overlay (IO) plan incorporating the conditions of approval by the Planning Commission and Council shall be provided to the Planning Department prior to the filing of any additional development applications for this property, and in any event no later than 120 days after the effective date of this ordinance. If a corrected copy of the IO plan incorporating the conditions therein is not provided to the Planning Department within 120 days of the effective date of this ordinance, then the corrected copy of the IO plan shall be presented to the Metro Council as an amendment to this IO ordinance prior to approval of any grading, clearing, grubbing, final site plan, or any other development application for the property.
Section 5. Be it further enacted, that this ordinance take effect immediately after its passage and such change be published in a newspaper of general circulation, the welfare of The Metropolitan Government of Nashville and Davidson County requiring it.
Sponsored by: Megan Barry
|Introduced:||February 3, 2009|
|Passed First Reading:||February 3, 2009|
Commission - Approved 9-0
(January 22, 2009)
Planning & Zoning Committee
|Passed Second Reading:||March 3, 2009|
|Passed Third Reading:||March 17, 2009|
|Approved:||March 19, 2009|
|Effective:||March 23, 2009|