ORDINANCE NO. BL2012-180
An ordinance to amend Title 17 of the Metropolitan Code of Laws, the Zoning Ordinance of The Metropolitan Government of Nashville and Davidson County, by amending a portion of the Larchwood Commercial Planned Unit Development Overlay District located on a portion of property at Percy Priest Drive (unnumbered), approximately 1,075 feet west of Bell Road (3.6 acres), zoned CL and proposed for CS, to permit the development of a self-storage facility, all of which is described herein (Proposal No. 155-74P-004).
NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT ENACTED BY THE COUNCIL OF THE METROPOLITAN GOVERNMENT OF NASHVILLE AND DAVIDSON COUNTY:
Section 1. That Title 17 of the Code of Laws of The Metropolitan Government of Nashville and Davidson County, is hereby amended by changing the Official Zoning Map for Metropolitan Nashville and Davidson County, which is made a part of Title 17 by reference, as follows:
By amending a portion of the Larchwood Commercial Planned Unit Development Overlay District located on a portion of property at Percy Priest Drive (unnumbered), approximately 1,075 feet west of Bell Road (3.6 acres), zoned CL and proposed for CS, to permit the development of a self-storage facility, being part of Property Parcel No. 034 as designated on Map 097-13 of the Official Property Identification Maps of The Metropolitan Government of Nashville and Davidson County, all of which is described by lines, words and figures on the plan that was duly considered by the Metropolitan Planning Commission, and which is on file with the Metropolitan Planning Department and made a part of this ordinance as though copied herein.
Section 2. Be it further enacted, that the Metropolitan Clerk is hereby authorized and directed, upon the enactment and approval of this ordinance, to cause the change to be made on Map 097 of said Official Zoning Map for Metropolitan Nashville and Davidson County, as set out in Section 1 of this ordinance, and to make notation thereon of reference to the date of passage and approval of this amendatory ordinance.
Section 3. Be it further enacted, that the following conditions shall be completed, bonded or satisfied as specifically required:
1. The proposed self-storage facility use shall be limited to boat storage as shown on the approved preliminary site plan. Any change in use or type of storage shall be approved by Metro Council.
2. There shall be no pole signs allowed, and all ground signs shall be monument type not to exceed five feet in height Changeable LED, video signs or similar signs allowing automatic changeable messages shall be prohibited. All other signs shall meet the base zoning requirements, and must be approved by the Metro Department of Codes Administration.
3. Buildings shall be limited to one-story with a maximum height of 18 feet.
4. A landscape and irrigation plan shall be developed that will achieve the screening of buildings along Percy Priest Drive within three years of opening of the facility. Prior to any final site plan approval, the plan shall be reviewed and approved by the Urban Forester and Planning Department as to its appropriateness and ability to reasonably screen the buildings within three years of planting
Section 4. Be it further enacted, that a corrected copy of the amended PUD plan incorporating the conditions of approval by the Planning Commission and Council shall be provided to the Planning Department prior to any additional development applications for this property, and in no event later than 120 days after the effective date of the enacting ordinance. If a corrected copy of the preliminary PUD plan incorporating the conditions of approval therein is not provided to the Planning Department within 120 days of the effective date of the enacting ordinance, then the corrected copy of the preliminary PUD plan shall be presented to the Metro Council as an amendment to this PUD ordinance prior to approval of any grading, clearing, grubbing, final site plan, or any other development application for the property.
Section 5. Be it further enacted, that this ordinance take effect immediately after its passage and such change be published in a newspaper of general circulation, the welfare of The Metropolitan Government of Nashville and Davidson County requiring it.
Sponsored by: Josh Stites
View Site Plan
AMENDMENT NO. 1
ORDINANCE NO. BL2012-180
I move to amend Ordinance No. BL2012-180 by modifying it as follows:
By adding the following condition to Section 3:
5. Sidewalks along Percy Priest Drive shall not be required as part of this Planned Unit Development.
Sponsored by: Josh Stites
|Introduced:||June 5, 2012|
|Passed First Reading:||June 5, 2012|
Commission - Approved with Conditions 7-0
(April 24, 3012)
Planning & Zoning Committee
|Passed Second Reading:||July 3, 2012|
|Amended:||July 17, 2012|
|Passed Third Reading:||July 17, 2012|
|Approved:||July 19, 2012|
|Effective:||July 23, 2012|