ORDINANCE NO. BL2012-181
An ordinance amending Section 17.40.400 of the Metropolitan Code of Laws, pertaining to the membership of the Historic Zoning Commission of the Metropolitan Government of Nashville and Davidson County (Proposal No. 2012Z-012TX-001).
WHEREAS, the Historic Zoning Commission consists of nine members representing a diverse range of professional, civic, business, and neighborhood interests; and,
WHEREAS, the Historic Zoning Commission wishes to create membership opportunities for individuals throughout the downtown core; and,
WHEREAS, this amendment to the structure of the Commission’s membership shall create such opportunities.
NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT ENACTED BY THE COUNCIL OF THE METROPOLITAN GOVERNMENT OF NASHVILLE AND DAVIDSON COUNTY:
Section 1: That the Council of the Metropolitan Government of Nashville and Davidson County does hereby amend Section 17.40.400 A of the Metropolitan Code of Laws by deleting the existing Section 17.40.400 A and replacing with the following:
A. The commission shall consist of nine members who are residents of Davidson County with a composition as follows:
1. One registered architect;
2. One member of the Metropolitan Planning Commission;
3. One member representing the Metropolitan Historical Commission of Nashville;
4. Four members selected from the community, two of whom shall reside within an historic overlay district; and,
5. Two members who must be property owners of real property or a person whose principal place of business is located in an historic overlay or National Register district within the downtown core.
Section 2: This ordinance shall take effect from and after its final passage, the welfare of the Metropolitan Government of Nashville and Davidson County requiring it.
Sponsored by: Phil Claiborne, Erica Gilmore
Amendment No. 1
Ordinance No. BL2012-181
I move to amend Ordinance No. BL2012-181 as follows:
1. By deleting the second WHEREAS clause in its entirety and substituting with the following second WHEREAS clause:
“WHEREAS, the Historic Zoning Commission wishes to create membership opportunities for individuals throughout the area to which the Downtown code applies; and,”
2. By amending Section 1.5 by deleting the phrase “downtown core” and substituting with the phrase “area to which the Downtown code applies.”
Sponsored by: Erica Gilmore
|Introduced:||June 5, 2012|
|Passed First Reading:||June 5, 2012|
Planning & Zoning Committee
|Passed Second Reading:||July 3, 2012|
|Amended:||July 17, 2012|
|Passed Third Reading:||July 17, 2012|
|Approved:||July 19, 2012|
|Effective:||July 23, 2012|