ORDINANCE NO. BL2014-765
An ordinance to amend Title 17 of the Metropolitan Code of Laws, the Zoning Ordinance of The Metropolitan Government of Nashville and Davidson County, by changing from IR to SP zoning for properties located at 302 Taylor Street, 1408 and 1410 4th Avenue North and 1401 and 1403 3rd Avenue North, south of Van Buren Street (2.43 Acres), to permit up to 249 multifamily dwelling units and all uses permitted by the MUL-A zoning district, all of which is described herein (Proposal No. 2014SP-020-001).
NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT ENACTED BY THE COUNCIL OF THE METROPOLITAN GOVERNMENT OF NASHVILLE AND DAVIDSON COUNTY:
Section 1. That Title 17 of the Code of Laws of The Metropolitan Government of Nashville and Davidson County, is hereby amended by changing the Official Zoning Map for Metropolitan Nashville and Davidson County, which is made a part of Title 17 by reference, as follows:
By changing from IR to SP zoning for properties located at 302 Taylor Street, 1408 and 1410 4th Avenue North and 1401 and 1403 3rd Avenue North, south of Van Buren Street (2.43 Acres), to permit up to 249 multifamily dwelling units and all uses permitted by the MUL-A zoning district, being Property Parcel Nos. 104, 105, 111, 112, 113 as designated on Map 082-09 of the Official Property Identification Maps of The Metropolitan Government of Nashville and Davidson County, all of which is described by lines, words and figures on the plan that was duly considered by the Metropolitan Planning Commission, and which is on file with the Metropolitan Planning Department and Metropolitan Clerk’s Department and made a part of this ordinance as though copied herein.
Section 2. Be it further enacted, that the Metropolitan Clerk is hereby authorized and directed, upon the enactment and approval of this ordinance, to cause the change to be made on Map 082 of said Official Zoning Map for Metropolitan Nashville and Davidson County, as set out in Section 1 of this ordinance, and to make notation thereon of reference to the date of passage and approval of this amendatory ordinance.
Section 3. Be it further enacted, that the uses of this SP shall be limited to up to 249 multi-family units and all uses permitted in the MUL-A district.
Section 4. Be it further enacted, that the following conditions shall be completed, bonded or satisfied as specifically required:
1. Non-residential floor area ratio shall be limited to 0.25 for the entire site.
2. Architectural elevations shall be submitted with the final SP site plan.
3. In order to achieve the goal of adding eyes on the street, the minimum glazing for street façades shall be 25%, distributed throughout the front facades. Planning, MHZC and MDHA staff shall determine if this goal has been met with the final site plan application.
4. In order to achieve the goal of an interactive pedestrian experience, a minimum of 45% of total ground floor units throughout the front facades shall have a porch or stoop with direct access to the sidewalk. Planning, MHZC and MDHA staff shall determine if this goal has been met with the final site plan application.
5. A TIS shall be submitted prior to Final SP approval. Developer shall construct any - off site roadway improvements with Final SP plan. Roadway improvements will be in accordance with the TIS findings and conditions. Building design may be impacted.
6. The sheet flow system on 3rd shall be approved by Metro Stormwater / Metro Public Works. If an adequate system is not made, then a traditional storm system will be required.
Section 5. Be it further enacted, a corrected copy of the preliminary SP plan incorporating the conditions of approval by Metro Council shall be provided to the Planning Department prior to or with final site plan application.
Section 6. Be it further enacted, minor modifications to the preliminary SP plan may be approved by the Planning Commission or its designee based upon final architectural, engineering or site design and actual site conditions. All modifications shall be consistent with the principles and further the objectives of the approved plan. Modifications shall not be permitted, except through an ordinance approved by Metro Council that increase the permitted density or floor area, add uses not otherwise permitted, eliminate specific conditions or requirements contained in the plan as adopted through this enacting ordinance, or add vehicular access points not currently present or approved.
Section 7. Be it further enacted, if a development standard, not including permitted uses, is absent from the SP plan and/or Council approval, the property shall be subject to the standards, regulations and requirements of the MUL-A zoning district as of the date of the applicable request or application. Uses are limited as described in the Council ordinance.
Section 8. Be it further enacted, that this ordinance take effect immediately after its passage and such change be published in a newspaper of general circulation, the welfare of The Metropolitan Government of Nashville and Davidson County requiring it.
Sponsored by: Erica Gilmore
View Site Plan
|Introduced:||May 6, 2014|
|Passed First Reading:||May 6, 2014|
Commission - Approved with Conditions 7-0
(April 10, 2014)
Planning & Zoning Committee
|Passed Second Reading:||June 3, 2014|
|Passed Third Reading:||June 10, 2014|
|Approved:||June 11, 2014|
|Effective:||June 13, 2014|
Requests for ADA accommodation should be directed to the Metropolitan Clerk