ORDINANCE NO. BL2015-1003
An ordinance to amend Title 17 of the Metropolitan Code of Laws, the Zoning Ordinance of The Metropolitan Government of Nashville and Davidson County, by changing from R40 to SP zoning for property located at 2001 Woodmont Boulevard, at the southwest corner of Woodmont Boulevard and Benham Avenue, (2.36 acres), to permit physical therapy, medical office and associated uses in the existing building, all of which is described herein (Proposal No. 2014SP-019-001).
NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT ENACTED BY THE COUNCIL OF THE METROPOLITAN GOVERNMENT OF NASHVILLE AND DAVIDSON COUNTY:
Section 1. That Title 17 of the Code of Laws of The Metropolitan Government of Nashville and Davidson County, is hereby amended by changing the Official Zoning Map for Metropolitan Nashville and Davidson County, which is made a part of Title 17 by reference, as follows:
By changing from R40 to SP zoning for property located at 2001 Woodmont Boulevard, at the southwest corner of Woodmont Boulevard and Benham Avenue, (2.36 acres), to permit physical therapy, medical office and associated uses in the existing building, being Property Parcel No. 028 as designated on Map 117-11 of the Official Property Identification Maps of The Metropolitan Government of Nashville and Davidson County, all of which is described by lines, words and figures on the plan that was duly considered by the Metropolitan Planning Commission, and which is on file with the Metropolitan Planning Department and Metropolitan Clerk’s Department and made a part of this ordinance as though copied herein.
Section 2. Be it further enacted, that the Metropolitan Clerk is hereby authorized and directed, upon the enactment and approval of this ordinance, to cause the change to be made on Map 117 of said Official Zoning Map for Metropolitan Nashville and Davidson County, as set out in Section 1 of this ordinance, and to make notation thereon of reference to the date of passage and approval of this amendatory ordinance.
Section 3. Be it further enacted, that the uses of this SP shall be limited to uses specified in the SP.
Section 4. Be it further enacted, that the following conditions shall be completed, bonded or satisfied as specifically required:
1. Any future residential uses shall be subject to all Zoning Code and Subdivision Regulations, including notice requirements, for the R40 zoning district as of the date of the applicable request or application.
2. Prior to the issuance of any use permits, a sidewalk shall be provided along Woodmont Boulevard. The sidewalk shall be consistent with the Major and Collector Street Plan.
3. Prior to the issuance of any use permits, an internal walkway connection shall be made from the building entrance to the required sidewalk along Woodmont Boulevard.
4. All landscaping shall meet current landscaping requirements of the Metro Zoning Code, including tree protection and placement.
5. Signage shall be limited to signage permitted within the ON zoning district, except that any ground sign shall be monument type, shall not be more than five feet in height and shall not be illuminated.
6. Hours of operation shall be limited to the hours provided on the SP plan.
7. Screening for the northern parking lot shall be provided and must be approved by planning staff prior to the approval of any final site plan or building permit approval. Screening shall include a three foot tall knee wall. Landscaping shall be provided in front of the wall and shall meet 17.24.150 of the Metro Zoning Code.
Section 5. Be it further enacted, a corrected copy of the preliminary SP plan incorporating the conditions of approval by Metro Council shall be provided to the Planning Department prior to or with final site plan application.
Section 6. Be it further enacted, minor modifications to the preliminary SP plan may be approved by the Planning Commission or its designee based upon final architectural, engineering or site design and actual site conditions. All modifications shall be consistent with the principles and further the objectives of the approved plan. Modifications shall not be permitted, except through an ordinance approved by Metro Council that increase the permitted density or floor area, add uses not otherwise permitted, eliminate specific conditions or requirements contained in the plan as adopted through this enacting ordinance, or add vehicular access points not currently present or approved.
Section 7. Be it further enacted, if a development standard, not including permitted uses, is absent from the SP plan and/or Council approval, the property shall be subject to the standards, regulations and requirements of the ON zoning district as of the date of the applicable request or application. Uses are limited as described in the Council ordinance.
Section 8. Be it further enacted, that this ordinance take effect immediately after its passage and such change be published in a newspaper of general circulation, the welfare of The Metropolitan Government of Nashville and Davidson County requiring it.
Sponsored by: Sean McGuire
View Site Plan
|Introduced:||January 6, 2015|
|Passed First Reading:||January 6, 2015|
Commission - Approved with Conditions 8-0
(December 11, 2014)
Planning & Zoning Committee
|Passed Second Reading:||February 3, 2015|
|Passed Third Reading:||February 24, 2015|
|Approved:||February 26, 2015|
|Effective:||March 6, 2015|
Requests for ADA accommodation should be directed to the Metropolitan Clerk