ORDINANCE NO. BL2015-1028
An ordinance to amend Title 17 of the Metropolitan Code of Laws, the Zoning Ordinance of The Metropolitan Government of Nashville and Davidson County, by amending a portion of the Commercial Planned Unit Development Overlay District for properties located at 7614 A, 7614B, 7616, 7620, 7624, 7632 and 7634 Highway 70 South, west of Sawyer Brown Road, zoned MUL and SCR, (85.5 acres), to permit a mixed use development, all of which is described herein (Proposal No. 94-71P-002).
NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT ENACTED BY THE COUNCIL OF THE METROPOLITAN GOVERNMENT OF NASHVILLE AND DAVIDSON COUNTY:
Section 1. That Title 17 of the Code of Laws of The Metropolitan Government of Nashville and Davidson County, is hereby amended by changing the Official Zoning Map for Metropolitan Nashville and Davidson County, which is made a part of Title 17 by reference, as follows:
By amending a portion of the Commercial Planned Unit Development Overlay District for properties located at 7614 A, 7614B, 7616, 7620, 7624, 7632 and 7634 Highway 70 South, west of Sawyer Brown Road, zoned MUL and SCR, (85.5 acres), to permit a mixed use development, being Property Parcel Nos. 152, 170 as designated on Map 128-00 and Property Parcel Nos. 001, 297, 298, 301, 356 as designated on Map 142 00 of the Official Property Identification Maps of The Metropolitan Government of Nashville and Davidson County, all of which is described by lines, words and figures on the plan that was duly considered by the Metropolitan Planning Commission, and which is on file with the Metropolitan Planning Department and Metropolitan Clerk’s Department and made a part of this ordinance as though copied herein.
Section 2. Be it further enacted, that the Metropolitan Clerk is hereby authorized and directed, upon the enactment and approval of this ordinance, to cause the change to be made on Map 128 and on Map 142 of said Official Zoning Map for Metropolitan Nashville and Davidson County, as set out in Section 1 of this ordinance, and to make notation thereon of reference to the date of passage and approval of this amendatory ordinance.
Section 3.Be it further enacted, prior to any additional development applications for this property, and prior to or with final PUD plan application, the applicant shall provide the Planning Department with a corrected copy of the preliminary PUD plan.
Section 4. Be it further enacted, that the following conditions shall be completed, bonded or satisfied as specifically required:
1. Adequate landscaping shall be provided along Sawyer Brown Road to ensure that the back of any building is not visible from Sawyer Brown Road. Planning staff will review final site plans with the Metro Urban Forester to ensure that landscaping is of an adequate quantity and quality to provide year round screening in this area as depicted on the preliminary landscape plan.
2. The applicant shall work with MTA to provide a bus shelter or bus shelters along Highway 70. A bus shelter is not required unless approved by MTA.
3. Comply with all requirements of Public Works.
4. This approval does not include any signs. Signs in planned unit developments must be approved by the Metro Department of Codes Administration except in specific instances when the Metro Council directs the Metro Planning Commission to review such signs.
5. The corrected copy shall reflect the layout shown on sheet S2.0 on all pages.
Section 5. Be it further enacted, that this ordinance take effect immediately after its passage and such change be published in a newspaper of general circulation, the welfare of The Metropolitan Government of Nashville and Davidson County requiring it.
Sponsored by: Sheri Weiner
View Site Plan
|Introduced:||February 3, 2015|
|Passed First Reading:||February 3, 2015|
Commission - Approved with Conditions 6-0
(January 8, 2015)
Planning & Zoning Committee
|Passed Second Reading:||March 3, 2015|
|Passed Third Reading:||March 17, 2015|
|Approved:||March 19, 2015|
|Effective:||March 27, 2015|
Requests for ADA accommodation should be directed to the Metropolitan Clerk