ORDINANCE NO. BL2015-1160
An ordinance to amend Title 17 of the Metropolitan Code of Laws, the Zoning Ordinance of The Metropolitan Government of Nashville and Davidson County, by changing from RS7.5 to SP zoning for properties located at 2208 Eastland Avenue and Skyview Drive (unnumbered), approximately 775 feet west of Riverside Drive, (3.27 acres), to permit up to 20 detached dwelling units, all of which is described herein (Proposal No. 2014SP-085-001).
NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT ENACTED BY THE COUNCIL OF THE METROPOLITAN GOVERNMENT OF NASHVILLE AND DAVIDSON COUNTY:
Section 1. That Title 17 of the Code of Laws of The Metropolitan Government of Nashville and Davidson County, is hereby amended by changing the Official Zoning Map for Metropolitan Nashville and Davidson County, which is made a part of Title 17 by reference, as follows:
By changing from RS7.5 to SP zoning for properties located at 2208 Eastland Avenue and Skyview Drive (unnumbered), approximately 775 feet west of Riverside Drive, (3.27 acres), to permit up to 20 detached dwelling units, being Property Parcel No. 300 as designated on Map 083-07 and Property Parcel Nos. 076, 209 as designated on Map 083-11 of the Official Property Identification Maps of The Metropolitan Government of Nashville and Davidson County, all of which is described by lines, words and figures on the plan that was duly considered by the Metropolitan Planning Commission, and which is on file with the Metropolitan Planning Department and Metropolitan Clerk’s Department and made a part of this ordinance as though copied herein.
Section 2. Be it further enacted, that the Metropolitan Clerk is hereby authorized and directed, upon the enactment and approval of this ordinance, to cause the change to be made on Map 083 of said Official Zoning Map for Metropolitan Nashville and Davidson County, as set out in Section 1 of this ordinance, and to make notation thereon of reference to the date of passage and approval of this amendatory ordinance.
Section 3. Be it further enacted, that the uses of this SP shall be limited to a maximum of 20 detached residential units.
Section 4. Be it further enacted, that the following conditions shall be completed, bonded or satisfied as specifically required:
1. Interior sidewalk from southeast side of Unit 4 to sidewalk shown north of Unit 16 to be determined with final site plan.
2. The final site plan shall include a 6’ planting strip with 6’ sidewalks along the Eastland Avenue frontage.
3. Prior to the issuance of building permits, the property shall be resubdivided into two lots. Lot 1 shall contain Unit 1 and have 40 feet of frontage along Eastland Avenue. Lot 2 shall contain the driveway to the site and Units 2-20.
4. Any construction or development on Lot 1 shall meet all provisions of the contextual overlay.
5. Coordinate with Metro Public Works prior to Final SP for appropriate roadside cross section on Eastland Ave, i.e. curb placement, grass strip, sidewalk, drainage, infrastructure, utilities, etc.
6. Right of Way dedication must be recorded prior to Metro Public Works sign off on the building permit.
7. Obtain Metro Water Services approval, during construction drawing review, for a bioretention area over a sewer line.
8. The final site plan shall label all internal driveways as “Private Driveways”. A note shall be added to the final site plan that the driveways shall be maintained by the Homeowner’s Association.
9. The applicant shall work with Metro Stormwater to incorporate as many LID techniques as possible into the design of the final site plan.
10. The applicant shall work with Planning staff to redesign the plan to include a maximum of 20 units.
Section 5. Be it further enacted, a corrected copy of the preliminary SP plan incorporating the conditions of approval by Metro Council shall be provided to the Planning Department prior to or with final site plan application.
Section 6. Be it further enacted, minor modifications to the preliminary SP plan may be approved by the Planning Commission or its designee based upon final architectural, engineering or site design and actual site conditions. All modifications shall be consistent with the principles and further the objectives of the approved plan. Modifications shall not be permitted, except through an ordinance approved by Metro Council that increase the permitted density or floor area, add uses not otherwise permitted, eliminate specific conditions or requirements contained in the plan as adopted through this enacting ordinance, or add vehicular access points not currently present or approved.
Section 7. Be it further enacted, if a development standard, not including permitted uses, is absent from the SP plan and/or Council approval, the property shall be subject to the standards, regulations and requirements of the RM9 zoning district as of the date of the applicable request or application. Uses are limited as described in the Council ordinance.
Section 8. Be it further enacted, that this ordinance take effect immediately after its passage and such change be published in a newspaper of general circulation, the welfare of The Metropolitan Government of Nashville and Davidson County requiring it.
Sponsored by: Peter Westerholm
View Site Plan
|Introduced:||June 2, 2015|
|Passed First Reading:||June 2, 2015|
Commission - Approved with conditions and disapproved without all conditions. (9-0)
Planning & Zoning Committee
|Passed Second Reading:||July 7, 2015|
|Passed Third Reading:||July 21, 2015|
|Approved:||July 22, 2015|
|Effective:||July 24, 2015|
Requests for ADA accommodation should be directed to the Metropolitan Clerk