ORDINANCE NO. BL2015-1183
An ordinance to amend Title 17 of the Metropolitan Code of Laws, the Zoning Ordinance of The Metropolitan Government of Nashville and Davidson County, by amending the Aquinas College Institutional Overlay district for a portion of property located at 4210 A Harding Pike, approximately 225 feet west of Cherokee Road (46.5 acres), zoned R8, to maintain existing buildings and add temporary modular buildings for swing space during renovations, all of which is described herein (Proposal No. 2008IN-001-002).
NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT ENACTED BY THE COUNCIL OF THE METROPOLITAN GOVERNMENT OF NASHVILLE AND DAVIDSON COUNTY:
Section 1. That Title 17 of the Code of Laws of The Metropolitan Government of Nashville and Davidson County, is hereby amended by changing the Official Zoning Map for Metropolitan Nashville and Davidson County, which is made a part of Title 17 by reference, as follows:
By amending the Aquinas College Institutional Overlay district for a portion of property located at 4210 A Harding Pike, approximately 225 feet west of Cherokee Road (46.5 acres), zoned R8, to maintain existing buildings and add temporary modular buildings for swing space during renovations, being part of Property Parcel No. 001 as designated on Map 103-12 of the Official Property Identification Maps of The Metropolitan Government of Nashville and Davidson County, all of which is described by lines, words and figures on the plan that was duly considered by the Metropolitan Planning Commission, and which is on file with the Metropolitan Planning Department and Metropolitan Clerk’s Department and made a part of this ordinance as though copied herein.
Section 2. Be it further enacted, that the Metropolitan Clerk is hereby authorized and directed, upon the enactment and approval of this ordinance, to cause the change to be made on Map 103 of said Official Zoning Map for Metropolitan Nashville and Davidson County, as set out in Section 1 of this ordinance, and to make notation thereon of reference to the date of passage and approval of this amendatory ordinance.
Section 3. Be it further enacted, that the following conditions shall be completed, bonded or satisfied as specifically required:
1. Prior to the submittal of the first final site plan, coordinate with MTA to provide an upgraded bus stop, which may include a shelter, along the property frontage.
2. The sidewalk along Harding Road and the pedestrian path shall be constructed prior to the issuance of the use and occupancy permit for the combination of dorms that would accommodate three hundred students.
3. One on-premise ground sign shall be allowed within the Institutional Overlay. Signage shall comply with the Metro Zoning Code standards for on-premise signs within the MUL-A Zoning District.
4. Building elevations and landscaping plans shall be submitted with each final site plan.
5. The requirements of the Metro Fire Marshal’s Office for emergency vehicle access and adequate water supply for fire protection must be met prior to the issuance of any building permits.
Section 4. Be it further enacted that, prior to any additional development applications for this property, and prior to or with final PUD plan application, the applicant shall provide the Planning Department with a corrected copy of the preliminary PUD plan.
Section 5. Be it further enacted, that this ordinance take effect immediately after its passage and such change be published in a newspaper of general circulation, the welfare of The Metropolitan Government of Nashville and Davidson County requiring it.
Sponsored by: Jason Holleman
View Site Plan
|Introduced:||June 2, 2015|
|Passed First Reading:||June 2, 2015|
Commission - Approved with conditions and disapproved without all conditions. (7-0)
Planning & Zoning Committee
|Passed Second Reading:||July 21, 2015|
|Passed Third Reading:||August 4, 2015|
|Approved:||August 10, 2015|
|Effective:||August 14, 2015|
Requests for ADA accommodation should be directed to the Metropolitan Clerk