ORDINANCE NO. BL2015-1186
An ordinance to amend Title 17 of the Metropolitan Code of Laws, the Zoning Ordinance of The Metropolitan Government of Nashville and Davidson County, by amending the National College Specific Plan District for property located at 1638 Bell Road, at the southeast corner of Old Hickory Boulevard and Bell Road (6.64 acres), to permit a digital sign, all of which is described herein (Proposal No. 2007SP-156-001).
NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT ENACTED BY THE COUNCIL OF THE METROPOLITAN GOVERNMENT OF NASHVILLE AND DAVIDSON COUNTY:
Section 1. That Title 17 of the Code of Laws of The Metropolitan Government of Nashville and Davidson County, is hereby amended by changing the Official Zoning Map for Metropolitan Nashville and Davidson County, which is made a part of Title 17 by reference, as follows:
By amending the National College Specific Plan District for property located at 1638 Bell Road, at the southeast corner of Old Hickory Boulevard and Bell Road (6.64 acres), to permit a digital sign, being Property Parcel No. 105 as designated on Map 162-00 of the Official Property Identification Maps of The Metropolitan Government of Nashville and Davidson County, all of which is described by lines, words and figures on the plan that was duly considered by the Metropolitan Planning Commission, and which is on file with the Metropolitan Planning Department and Metropolitan Clerk’s Department and made a part of this ordinance as though copied herein.
Section 2. Be it further enacted, that the Metropolitan Clerk is hereby authorized and directed, upon the enactment and approval of this ordinance, to cause the change to be made on Map 162 of said Official Zoning Map for Metropolitan Nashville and Davidson County, as set out in Section 1 of this ordinance, and to make notation thereon of reference to the date of passage and approval of this amendatory ordinance.
Section 3. Be it further enacted, that the uses of this SP shall be limited to a freestanding sign as specified in the SP and uses permitted by BL2007-26.
Section 4. Be it further enacted, that the following conditions shall be completed, bonded or satisfied as specifically required:
1. The sign shall be limited to no more than 6’-6” in height and 17’-0” in length with a total maximum sign area of 48 square feet per side. The digital component of the sign is limited to 24 square feet per side.
2. All portions of the message must have a minimum duration of eight seconds and must be a static display. There shall be no appearance of a visual dissolve or fading, in which any part of one message, image, or display appears simultaneously with any part of a second message, image, or display. Further, there shall be no appearance of flashing or sudden bursts of light, and no appearance of video motion, animation, movement, or flow of the message, image, or display.
3. The intensity and contrast of light levels shall remain constant throughout the sign face. The electronic components of the sign shall shut off between the hours of 10:00 pm and 6:00 am, and shall use automatic day/night dimming software to reduce the illumination intensity of the sign from dusk until 10:00 pm.
4. The maximum brightness levels shall not exceed 0.2 (two tenths) foot-candles over ambient light levels measured within 150 feet of the source. Certification must be provided to Metro by the sign company prior to the issuance of the sign permit.
5. This Specific Plan is subject to all conditions of Ordinance No. BL2007-26 unless otherwise amended by this plan.
Section 5. Be it further enacted, a corrected copy of the preliminary SP plan incorporating the conditions of approval by Metro Council shall be provided to the Planning Department prior to or with final site plan application.
Section 6. Be it further enacted, minor modifications to the preliminary SP plan may be approved by the Planning Commission or its designee based upon final architectural, engineering or site design and actual site conditions. All modifications shall be consistent with the principles and further the objectives of the approved plan. Modifications shall not be permitted, except through an ordinance approved by Metro Council that increase the permitted density or floor area, add uses not otherwise permitted, eliminate specific conditions or requirements contained in the plan as adopted through this enacting ordinance, or add vehicular access points not currently present or approved.
Section 7. Be it further enacted, if a development standard, not including permitted uses, is absent from the SP plan and/or Council approval, the property shall be subject to the standards, regulations and requirements of the OR20 zoning district as of the date of the applicable request or application. Uses are limited as described in the Council ordinance.
Section 8. Be it further enacted, that this ordinance take effect immediately after its passage and such change be published in a newspaper of general circulation, the welfare of The Metropolitan Government of Nashville and Davidson County requiring it.
Sponsored by: Fabian Bedne
View Site Plan
|Introduced:||June 2, 2015|
|Passed First Reading:||June 2, 2015|
Commission - Approved with conditions and disapproved without all conditions. (7-0)
Planning & Zoning Committee
|Passed Second Reading:||July 21, 2015|
|Passed Third Reading:||August 4, 2015|
|Approved:||August 10, 2015|
|Effective:||August 14, 2015|
Requests for ADA accommodation should be directed to the Metropolitan Clerk