ORDINANCE NO. BL2016-109
An ordinance to amend Title 17 of the Metropolitan Code of Laws, the Zoning Ordinance of The Metropolitan Government of Nashville and Davidson County, by changing from IWD to SP zoning for property located at 4326 Kenilwood Drive, approximately 905 feet north of Sidco Drive, to permit a 91,200 square foot self-storage facility (1.01 acres), all of which is described herein (Proposal No. 2015SP-107-001).
NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT ENACTED BY THE COUNCIL OF THE METROPOLITAN GOVERNMENT OF NASHVILLE AND DAVIDSON COUNTY:
Section 1. That Title 17 of the Code of Laws of The Metropolitan Government of Nashville and Davidson County, is hereby amended by changing the Official Zoning Map for Metropolitan Nashville and Davidson County, which is made a part of Title 17 by reference, as follows:
By changing from IWD to SP zoning for property located at 4326 Kenilwood Drive, approximately 905 feet north of Sidco Drive, to permit a 91,200 square foot self-storage facility (1.01 acres), being Property Parcel No. 002 as designated on Map 132-08 of the Official Property Identification Maps of The Metropolitan Government of Nashville and Davidson County, all of which is described by lines, words and figures on the plan that was duly considered by the Metropolitan Planning Commission, and which is on file with the Metropolitan Planning Department and Metropolitan Clerk’s Department and made a part of this ordinance as though copied herein.
Section 2. Be it further enacted, that the Metropolitan Clerk is hereby authorized and directed, upon the enactment and approval of this ordinance, to cause the change to be made on Map 132 of said Official Zoning Map for Metropolitan Nashville and Davidson County, as set out in Section 1 of this ordinance, and to make notation thereon of reference to the date of passage and approval of this amendatory ordinance.
Section 3. Be it further enacted, that the uses of this SP shall be limited to self-service storage.
Section 4. Be it further enacted, that the following conditions shall be completed, bonded or satisfied as specifically required:
1. Prior to the final site plan being approved, a subdivision amendment shall be recorded to remove the existing platted setback.
2. The Preliminary SP plan is the site plan and associated documents. If applicable, remove all notes and references that indicate that the site plan is illustrative, conceptual, etc.
3. Add the following note to the plan: The final site plan shall depict a minimum 5 foot clear path of travel for pedestrian ways, including public sidewalks, and the location of all existing and proposed obstructions. Prior to the issuance of use and occupancy permits, existing obstructions within the path of travel shall be relocated to provide a minimum of 5 feet of clear access.
4. The requirements of the Metro Fire Marshal’s Office for emergency vehicle access and adequate water supply for fire protection must be met prior to the issuance of any building permits.
Section 5. Be it further enacted, a corrected copy of the preliminary SP plan incorporating the conditions of approval by Metro Council shall be provided to the Planning Department prior to or with final site plan application.
Section 6. Be it further enacted, minor modifications to the preliminary SP plan may be approved by the Planning Commission or its designee based upon final architectural, engineering or site design and actual site conditions. All modifications shall be consistent with the principles and further the objectives of the approved plan. Modifications shall not be permitted, except through an ordinance approved by Metro Council that increase the permitted density or floor area, add uses not otherwise permitted, eliminate specific conditions or requirements contained in the plan as adopted through this enacting ordinance, or add vehicular access points not currently present or approved.
Section 7. Be it further enacted, if a development standard, not including permitted uses, is absent from the SP plan and/or Council approval, the property shall be subject to the standards, regulations and requirements of the IWD zoning district as of the date of the applicable request or application. Uses are limited as described in the Council ordinance.
Section 8. Be it further enacted, that this ordinance take effect immediately after its passage and such change be published in a newspaper of general circulation, the welfare of The Metropolitan Government of Nashville and Davidson County requiring it.
Sponsored by: Michael Freeman
View Site Plan
Amendment No. 1
Ordinance No. BL2016-109
I move to amend BL2016-109 as follows:
I. By adding the following sentence to the end of Section 3:
No retail use shall be permitted except ancillary retail sales that are in support of the self-service storage facility.
II. By amending Section 4 to add the following provisions:
5. The plan referred to in Section 1 of this ordinance shall be replaced by the revised plan attached to this Amendment No. 1. Said revised plan is on file with the Metropolitan Planning Department and Metropolitan Clerk’s Department and made a part of this ordinance as though copied herein.
6. Prior to the issuance of use and occupancy permits, a sign must be installed at the entrance to the parking lot stating "No Tractor Trailers on Site".
Sponsored by: Michael Freeman
View Site Plan
|Introduced:||January 5, 2016|
|Passed First Reading:||January 5, 2016|
Commission - Approved with conditions and disapproved without all conditions (9-0)
Planning & Zoning Committee
|Passed Second Reading:||February 2, 2016|
|Deferred to March 1, 2016:||February 2, 2016|
|Amended:||March 1, 2016|
|Passed Third Reading:||March 1, 2016|
|Approved:||March 2, 2016|
|Effective:||March 4, 2016|
Requests for ADA accommodation should be directed to the Metropolitan Clerk