ORDINANCE NO. BL2016-267
An ordinance to amend Title 17 of the Metropolitan Code, Zoning Regulations pertaining to boat storage (Proposal No. 2016Z-006TX-001).
NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT ENACTED BY THE COUNCIL OF THE METROPOLITAN GOVERNMENT OF NASHVILLE AND DAVIDSON COUNTY:
Section 1. That Section 17.08.030, District Land Use Tables, is hereby amended by designating “boat storage” as a use permitted with conditions (PC) in the CS zoning district.
Section 2. That Section 17.08.030, District Land Use Tables, is hereby amended by designating “boat storage” as a use permitted (P) in the IWD, IR and IG zoning district.
Section 3. That Section 17.16.070, Commercial Uses, is hereby amended by deleting subsection “I” in its entirety and replacing with the following new subsection “I”:
1. In the CL zoning district, screening in the form of a Landscape Buffer Yard Standard B shall be applied along all residential zone districts and districts permitting residential uses. A twenty-five foot vegetation buffer shall be provided between any storage building and the closest residential property line. The maintenance standards set forth in Section 17.24.080 shall be applicable to all required landscaping.
2. In the CL zoning district, no building on the property may exceed eighteen feet in height.
3. In the CL zoning district, a boat storage use must be located within two miles of a public boat launching ramp. Such boat launching ramp shall provide access to a lake maintained by the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers. The parcel of land upon which the boat storage facility is located must be within a planned unit development (PUD) overlay district explicitly allowing boat storage as a permitted use.
4. In the CS zoning district, a boat storage use is not permitted within the Urban Zoning Overlay (UZO).
5. In the CS zoning district, a boat storage use must be located on a lot that does not exceed four acres in size.
6. In the CS zoning district, no more than one hundred boat slips shall be permitted.
Section 4. Be it further enacted that this Ordinance shall take effect immediately after its passage and such change be published in a newspaper of general circulation, the welfare of The Metropolitan Government of Nashville and Davidson County requiring it.
Sponsored by: Holly Huezo, Robert Swope
|Introduced:||June 7, 2016|
|Passed First Reading:||June 7, 2016|
Commission - Approved (9-0)
Planning, Zoning, & Historical Committee
|Passed Second Reading:||July 5, 2016|
|Deferred:||July 19, 2016|
|Passed Third Reading:||August 2, 2016|
|Approved:||August 3, 2016|
|Effective:||August 5, 2016|
Requests for ADA accommodation should be directed to the Metropolitan Clerk