ORDINANCE NO. BL2016-
An ordinance to amend Title 17 of the Metropolitan Code of Laws, the Zoning Ordinance of The Metropolitan Government of Nashville and Davidson County, by changing from IR and IG to SP zoning for property located at 1324 2nd Avenue North, at the southeast corner of 2nd Avenue North and Taylor Street, (4.82 acres), to permit a mixed use development, all of which is described herein (Proposal No. 2016SP-055-001).
NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT ENACTED BY THE COUNCIL OF THE METROPOLITAN GOVERNMENT OF NASHVILLE AND DAVIDSON COUNTY:
Section 1. That Title 17 of the Code of Laws of The Metropolitan Government of Nashville and Davidson County, is hereby amended by changing the Official Zoning Map for Metropolitan Nashville and Davidson County, which is made a part of Title 17 by reference, as follows:
By changing from IR and IG to SP zoning for property located at 1324 2nd Avenue North, at the southeast corner of 2nd Avenue North and Taylor Street, (4.82 acres), to permit a mixed-use development, being Property Parcel No. 234 as designated on Map 082-09 of the Official Property Identification Maps of The Metropolitan Government of Nashville and Davidson County, all of which is described by lines, words and figures on the plan that was duly considered by the Metropolitan Planning Commission, and which is on file with the Metropolitan Planning Department and Metropolitan Clerk’s Department and made a part of this ordinance as though copied herein.
Section 2. Be it further enacted, that the Metropolitan Clerk is hereby authorized and directed, upon the enactment and approval of this ordinance, to cause the change to be made on Map 082 of said Official Zoning Map for Metropolitan Nashville and Davidson County, as set out in Section 1 of this ordinance, and to make notation thereon of reference to the date of passage and approval of this amendatory ordinance.
Section 3. Be it further enacted, that the uses of this SP shall be limited to uses as specified on the plan.
Section 4. Be it further enacted, that the following conditions shall be completed, bonded or satisfied as specifically required:
1. Building facades fronting a public street shall have minimum of 40% glazing on the ground floor. Building facades fronting a public street or a greenway shall have a minimum of 25% glazing or openings on each upper floor.
2. Upper level facades of parking structure facing public streets shall step back from the ground level façade by a minimum of 18 inches, and shall include material articulation.
3. Upper level facades of parking structures facing public streets shall have openings for a minimum of 40% and a maximum of 60% of the total façade.
4. The specific street design and cross-section for Monroe Street should be coordinated with the Metro Traffic Engineer and Metro Planning prior to submittal of the Final SP and site plan.
5. The specific street design and cross-section for Taylor Street should be coordinated with the Metro Traffic Engineer and Metro Planning prior to submittal of the Final SP and site plan.
6. Individual openings with larger structural bays shall be articulated to be vertical in orientation.
7. Maximum width of structural bays along public streets and the greenway which give articulation to the building façade shall be forty feet.
8. Each building (office, retail, hotel or other) shall have a minimum of one pedestrian entrance per public street face. Exceptions may be made if a building has frontage on two streets or a street and a greenway.
9. The Preliminary SP plan is the site plan and associated documents. If applicable, remove all notes and references that indicate that the site plan is illustrative, conceptual, etc.
10. The final site plan shall depict the required public sidewalks, any required grass strip or frontage zone and the location of all existing and proposed vertical obstructions within the required sidewalk and grass strip or frontage zone. Prior to the issuance of use and occupancy permits, existing vertical obstructions shall be relocated outside of the required sidewalk. Vertical obstructions are only permitted within the required grass strip or frontage zone.
11. The requirements of the Metro Fire Marshal’s Office for emergency vehicle access and adequate water supply for fire protection must be met prior to the issuance of any building permits.
Section 5. Be it further enacted, a corrected copy of the preliminary SP plan incorporating the conditions of approval by Metro Council shall be provided to the Planning Department prior to or with final site plan application.
Section 6. Be it further enacted, minor modifications to the preliminary SP plan may be approved by the Planning Commission or its designee based upon final architectural, engineering or site design and actual site conditions. All modifications shall be consistent with the principles and further the objectives of the approved plan. Modifications shall not be permitted, except through an ordinance approved by Metro Council that increase the permitted density or floor area, add uses not otherwise permitted, eliminate specific conditions or requirements contained in the plan as adopted through this enacting ordinance, or add vehicular access points not currently present or approved.
Section 7. Be it further enacted, if a development standard, not including permitted uses, is absent from the SP plan and/or Council approval, the property shall be subject to the standards, regulations and requirements of the MUL-A zoning district as of the date of the applicable request or application. Uses are limited as described in the Council ordinance.
Section 8. Be it further enacted, that this ordinance take effect immediately after its passage and such change be published in a newspaper of general circulation, the welfare of The Metropolitan Government of Nashville and Davidson County requiring it.
Sponsored by: Freddie O'Connell
View Site Plan
|Introduced:||August 2, 2016|
|Passed First Reading:||August 2, 2016|
Commission - Approved with conditions and disapproved without all conditions (8-0)
Planning, Zoning, & Historical Committee
|Public Hearing Scheduled For:||September 6, 2016|
|Passed Second Reading:||September 6, 2016|
|Passed Third Reading:||September 20, 2016|
|Approved:||September 21, 2016|
|Effective:||September 30, 2016|
Requests for ADA accommodation should be directed to the Metropolitan Clerk