ORDINANCE NO. BL2017-628
An ordinance to amend Title 17 of the Metropolitan Code of Laws, the Zoning Ordinance of The Metropolitan Government of Nashville and Davidson County, by changing from ORI to SP zoning on property located at 50 Music Square West, at the southeast corner of Music Square West and Chet Atkins Place, (0.53 acres), to permit a hotel and restaurant, all of which is described herein (Proposal No. 2016SP-083-001).
NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT ENACTED BY THE COUNCIL OF THE METROPOLITAN GOVERNMENT OF NASHVILLE AND DAVIDSON COUNTY:
Section 1. That Title 17 of the Code of Laws of The Metropolitan Government of Nashville and Davidson County, is hereby amended by changing the Official Zoning Map for Metropolitan Nashville and Davidson County, which is made a part of Title 17 by reference, as follows:
By changing from ORI to SP zoning on property located at 50 Music Square West, at the southeast corner of Music Square West and Chet Atkins Place, (0.53 acres), to permit a hotel and restaurant, being Property Parcel Nos. 001, 100, 200, 300, 400 as designated on Map 092-16 of the Official Property Identification Maps of The Metropolitan Government of Nashville and Davidson County, all of which is described by lines, words and figures on the plan that was duly considered by the Metropolitan Planning Commission, and which is on file with the Metropolitan Planning Department and Metropolitan Clerk’s Department and made a part of this ordinance as though copied herein.
Section 2. Be it further enacted, that the Metropolitan Clerk is hereby authorized and directed, upon the enactment and approval of this ordinance, to cause the change to be on Map 092 of said Official Zoning Map for Metropolitan Nashville and Davidson County, as set out in Section 1 of this ordinance, and to make notation thereon of reference to the date of passage and approval of this amendatory ordinance.
Section 3. Be it further enacted, that the uses of this SP shall be limited to a 180-room hotel and a maximum of 6,270 square feet of restaurant use.
Section 4. Be it further enacted, that the following conditions shall be completed, bonded or satisfied as specifically required:
1. The proposed mural wall element is not subject to Planning Commission review.
2. The final sidewalk and streetscape design for Chet Atkins Place from Alley #440 to the intersection of Chet Atkins Place and Music Square W shall be determined by Planning and Public Works prior to final site plan.
3. Prior to submittal of a Final SP plan, the Fall Back Zoning note shall be removed and replaced with the standard language contained in Condition 5, below.
4. The Preliminary SP plan is the site plan and associated documents. If applicable, remove all notes and references that indicate that the site plan is illustrative, conceptual, etc.
5. The requirements of the Metro Fire Marshal’s Office for emergency vehicle access and adequate water supply for fire protection must be met prior to the issuance of any building permits.
Section 5. Be it further enacted, a corrected copy of the preliminary SP plan incorporating the conditions of approval by Metro Council shall be provided to the Planning Department prior to or with final site plan application.
Section 6. Be it further enacted, minor modifications to the preliminary SP plan may be approved by the Planning Commission or its designee based upon final architectural, engineering or site design and actual site conditions. All modifications shall be consistent with the principles and further the objectives of the approved plan. Modifications shall not be permitted, except through an ordinance approved by Metro Council that increase the permitted density or floor area, add uses not otherwise permitted, eliminate specific conditions or requirements contained in the plan as adopted through this enacting ordinance, or add vehicular access points not currently present or approved.
Section 7. Be it further enacted, if a development standard, not including permitted uses, is absent from the SP plan and/or Council approval, the property shall be subject to the standards, regulations and requirements of the MUI-A zoning district as of the date of the applicable request or application. Uses are limited as described in the Council approved plan.
Section 8. Be it further enacted, that this ordinance take effect immediately after its passage and such change be published in a newspaper of general circulation, the welfare of The Metropolitan Government of Nashville and Davidson County requiring it.
Sponsored by: Freddie O'Connell
View Site Plan
AMENDMENT NO. 1
ORDINANCE NO. BL2017-628
I move to amend Ordinance No. BL2017-628 as follows:
I. By amending Section 4 by adding the following conditions:
6. All garage parking shall be valet parking at all times. This includes parking for the hotel and restaurant use. No valet parking shall be allowed on any public streets and no self-service parking shall be permitted in the garage.
7. Any off-site valet parking shall be on lots managed by a valet service and shall not be allowed on any public streets.
8. Free parking shall be provided to all employees either on-site in the existing garage or off-site on leased lots. Employees shall only park at these locations.
9. Prior to the issuance of a Use & Occupancy permit, the developer shall facilitate meetings with the neighborhood association pertaining to traffic calming. Documented proof of this meeting (s) shall be provided to Metro Codes prior to the issuance of a Use & Occupancy permit.
Sponsored by: Freddie O'Connell
|Introduced:||March 7, 2017|
|Passed First Reading:||March 7, 2017|
Commission – Approved with conditions and disapproved without all conditions (7-1)
Planning, Zoning, & Historical Committee
|Public Hearing Scheduled For:||April 4, 2017|
|Passed Second Reading:||April 4, 2017|
|Amended:||April 18, 2017|
|Passed Third Reading:||April 18, 2017|
|Approved:||April 19, 2017|
|Effective:||April 21, 2017|
Requests for ADA accommodation should be directed to the Metropolitan Clerk