SUBSTITUTE ORDINANCE NO. BL2017-767
An ordinance to amend Title 17 of the Metropolitan Code of Laws, the Zoning Ordinance of The Metropolitan Government of Nashville and Davidson County, by changing from R6 and R8 to SP zoning on properties located at 6120, 6122, and 6124 Robertson Avenue and Robertson Avenue (unnumbered), approximately 340 feet east of Waco Drive, (1.25 acres), to permit up to 15 multi-family dwelling units, all of which is described herein (Proposal No. 2017SP-004-001).
NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT ENACTED BY THE COUNCIL OF THE METROPOLITAN GOVERNMENT OF NASHVILLE AND DAVIDSON COUNTY:
Section 1. That Title 17 of the Code of Laws of The Metropolitan Government of Nashville and Davidson County, is hereby amended by changing the Official Zoning Map for Metropolitan Nashville and Davidson County, which is made a part of Title 17 by reference, as follows:
By changing from R6 and R8 to SP zoning on properties located at 6120, 6122, and 6124 Robertson Avenue and Robertson Avenue (unnumbered), approximately 340 feet east of Waco Drive, (1.25 acres), to permit up to 15 multi-family dwelling units, being Property Parcel Nos. 011, 012, 013, 311 as designated on Map 091-09 of the Official Property Identification Maps of The Metropolitan Government of Nashville and Davidson County, all of which is described by lines, words and figures on the plan that was duly considered by the Metropolitan Planning Commission, and which is on file with the Metropolitan Planning Department and Metropolitan Clerk’s Department and made a part of this ordinance as through copied herein.
Section 2. Be it further enacted, that the Metropolitan Clerk is hereby authorized and directed, upon the enactment and approval of this ordinance, to cause the change to be on Map 091 of said Official Zoning Map for Metropolitan Nashville and Davidson County, as set out in Section 1 of this ordinance, and to make notation thereon of reference to the date of passage and approval of this amendatory ordinance.
Section 3. Be it further enacted, that the uses of this SP shall be limited to a maximum of 15 residential units.
Section 4. Be it further enacted, that the following conditions shall be completed, bonded or satisfied as specifically required:
1. The access easement to adjacent properties shall be recorded prior to issuance of building permit.
2. With submittal of the Final SP, a type A-3 landscape buffer yard shall be provided along the northern (rear) property line.
3. Building elevations consistent with the architectural standards included in the Preliminary SP plan shall be provided with the Final SP.
4. The Preliminary SP plan is the site plan and associated documents. If applicable, remove all notes and references that indicate that the site plan is illustrative, conceptual, etc.
5. The final site plan shall label all internal driveways as “Private Driveways”. A note shall be added to the final site plan that the driveways shall be maintained by the Homeowner’s Association.
6. The requirements of the Metro Fire Marshal’s Office for emergency vehicle access and adequate water supply for fire protection must be met prior to the issuance of any building permits.
7. Street trees within the 6-foot grass planting strip along Robertson Avenue shall contain only cherry trees spaced at intervals of one tree per every 15 feet.
Section 5. Be it further enacted, a corrected copy of the preliminary SP plan incorporating the conditions of approval by Metro Council shall be provided to the Planning Department prior to or with final site plan application.
Section 6. Be it further enacted, minor modifications to the preliminary SP plan may be approved by the Planning Commission or its designee based upon final architectural, engineering or site design and actual site conditions. All modifications shall be consistent with the principles and further the objectives of the approved plan. Modifications shall not be permitted, except through an ordinance approved by Metro Council that increase the permitted density or floor area, add uses not otherwise permitted, eliminate specific conditions or requirements contained in the plan as adopted through this enacting ordinance, or add vehicular access points not currently present or approved.
Section 7. Be it further enacted, if a development standard, not including permitted uses, is absent from the SP plan and/or Council approval, the property shall be subject to the standards, regulations and requirements of the RM15-A zoning district as of the date of the applicable request or application. Uses are limited as described in the Council ordinance.
Section 8. Be it further enacted, that this ordinance take effect immediately after its passage and such change be published in a newspaper of general circulation, the welfare of The Metropolitan Government of Nashville and Davidson County requiring it.
Sponsored by: Jim Shulman
View Site Plan
|Introduced:||June 6, 2017|
|Passed First Reading:||June 6, 2017|
Commission – Approved with conditions and disapproved without all conditions (7-0)
Planning, Zoning, & Historical Committee
|Public Hearing Scheduled For:||July 6, 2017|
|Passed Second Reading:||July 6, 2017|
|Substitute Introduced:||July 18, 2017|
|Passed Third Reading:||July 18, 2017 - Roll Call Vote|
|Approved:||July 24, 2017|
|Effective:||July 29, 2017|
Requests for ADA accommodation should be directed to the Metropolitan Clerk