SUBSTITUTE ORDINANCE NO. BL2017-768
An ordinance to amend Title 17 of the Metropolitan Code of Laws, the Zoning Ordinance of The Metropolitan Government of Nashville and Davidson County, by changing from RS15 to SP zoning for properties located at 3605 and 3739 Hoggett Ford Road and Hoggett Ford Road (unnumbered), approximately 1,700 feet east of Brandau Road (87.91 acres), to permit up to 289 dwelling units, all of which is described herein (Proposal No. 2016SP-021-001).
NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT ENACTED BY THE COUNCIL OF THE METROPOLITAN GOVERNMENT OF NASHVILLE AND DAVIDSON COUNTY:
Section 1. That Title 17 of the Code of Laws of The Metropolitan Government of Nashville and Davidson County, is hereby amended by changing the Official Zoning Map for Metropolitan Nashville and Davidson County, which is made a part of Title 17 by reference, as follows:
By changing from RS15 to SP zoning for properties located at 3605 and 3739 Hoggett Ford Road and Hoggett Ford Road (unnumbered), approximately 1,700 feet east of Brandau Road (87.91 acres), to permit up to 289 dwelling units, being Property Parcel Nos. 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 751 as designated on Map 086-00 of the Official Property Identification Maps of The Metropolitan Government of Nashville and Davidson County, all of which is described by lines, words and figures on the plan that was duly considered by the Metropolitan Planning Commission, and which is on file with the Metropolitan Planning Department and Metropolitan Clerk’s Department and made a part of this ordinance as though copied herein.
Section 2. Be it further enacted, that the Metropolitan Clerk is hereby authorized and directed, upon the enactment and approval of this ordinance, to cause the change to be on Map 086 of said Official Zoning Map for Metropolitan Nashville and Davidson County, as set out in Section 1 of this ordinance, and to make notation thereon of reference to the date of passage and approval of this amendatory ordinance.
Section 3. Be it further enacted, that the uses of this SP shall be limited to a maximum of 289 dwelling units, including no more than 34 villa lots (68 units).
Section 4. Be it further enacted, that the following conditions shall be completed, bonded or satisfied as specifically required:
1. Villa type lots shall be limited to 25% of type "B" units.
2. Raised foundations of a minimum of 18” and a maximum of 36” are required for all residential buildings, except villa units. All buildings in the development, including residential buildings, garages, accessory buildings and recreational buildings shall be at least 90 percent brick or stone. EIFS, vinyl siding, and untreated wood shall be prohibited materials.
3. The extension of Hogget Ford Road shall provide a complete connection to both existing sides of Hoggett Ford Road. Hoggett Ford Road shall be tree lined on both sides and have a tree lined center median, to be shown on the final site plan. The connection of Hoggett Ford Road shall comply with state laws pertaining to the preservation and/or relocation of cemeteries.
4. Existing residential driveways south along Hoggett Ford Road shall be connected to the proposed Hoggett Ford Road. With submittal of a final site plan, these existing driveway connections shall be screened. Appropriate screening shall be determined by Planning staff and the Urban Forester, but may include street trees or shrubbery.
5. All sidewalks and trails shall be within right-of-way or a public pedestrian easement.
6. The final site plan shall label all internal driveways as “Private Driveways”. A note shall be added to the final site plan that the driveways shall be maintained by the Homeowner’s Association.
7. Parking spaces along Hoggett Ford Road shall be kept to a minimum so as to not interfere with traffic along Hoggett Ford Road. Any parking spaces designed along Hoggett Ford Road shall be designed of a size and shape to keep vehicles completely out of the flow of traffic along Hogget Ford Road.
8. If approved by the Metro Traffic and Parking Commission, Stop Lights shall be installed at the intersection of Hoggett Ford and Dodson Chapel, prior to the final Use & occupancy permit being issued for the first phase of this development. If approved by the Metro Traffic and Parking Commission, Stop Lights shall be installed at the intersection of Bell Road and Dodson Chapel Road, prior to the final Use & Occupancy permit being issued for the first phase of the development. Intersection improvements as required by Public Works shall be bonded or completed prior to the issuance of the final Use & Occupancy permit for the first phase of the development.
Section 5. Be it further enacted, a corrected copy of the preliminary SP plan incorporating the conditions of approval by Metro Council shall be provided to the Planning Department prior to or with final site plan application
Section 6. Be it further enacted, minor modifications to the preliminary SP plan may be approved by the Planning Commission or its designee based upon final architectural, engineering or site design and actual site conditions. All modifications shall be consistent with the principles and further the objectives of the approved plan. Modifications shall not be permitted, except through an ordinance approved by Metro Council that increase the permitted density or floor area, add uses not otherwise permitted, eliminate specific conditions or requirements contained in the plan as adopted through this enacting ordinance, or add vehicular access points not currently present or approved.
Section 7. Be it further enacted, if a development standard, not including permitted uses, is absent from the SP plan and/or Council approval, the property shall be subject to the standards, regulations and requirements of the
R6 RS15 zoning district as of the date of the applicable request or application. Uses are limited as described in the Council ordinance.
Section 8. Be it further enacted, that this ordinance take effect immediately after its passage and such change be published in a newspaper of general circulation, the welfare of The Metropolitan Government of Nashville and Davidson County requiring it.
Sponsored by: Kevin Rhoten
View Site Plan
|Introduced:||June 6, 2017|
|Passed First Reading:||June 6, 2017|
Commission – Approved with conditions and disapproved without all conditions (7-0)
Planning, Zoning, & Historical Committee
|Public Hearing Scheduled For:||July 6, 2017|
|Passed Second Reading:||July 6, 2017|
|Substitute Introduced:||July 18, 2017|
|Passed Third Reading:||July 18, 2017|
|Approved:||July 24, 2017|
|Effective:||July 29, 2017|
Requests for ADA accommodation should be directed to the Metropolitan Clerk