SUBSTITUTE ORDINANCE BL2017-815
An ordinance to amend Title 17 of the Metropolitan Code of Laws, the Zoning Ordinance of The Metropolitan Government of Nashville and Davidson County, by changing from R8 to SP zoning for property located at 11 Vaughn’s Gap Road, at the southwest corner of the intersection of Vaughn’s Gap Road and Highway 100 (10.7 acres), to permit up to 54 multi-family units, all of which is described herein (Proposal No. 2016SP-027-001).
NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT ENACTED BY THE COUNCIL OF THE METROPOLITAN GOVERNMENT OF NASHVILLE AND DAVIDSON COUNTY:
Section 1. That Title 17 of the Code of Laws of The Metropolitan Government of Nashville and Davidson County, is hereby amended by changing the Official Zoning Map for Metropolitan Nashville and Davidson County, which is made a part of Title 17 by reference, as follows:
By changing from R8 to SP zoning for property located at 11 Vaughn’s Gap Road, at the southwest corner of the intersection of Vaughn’s Gap Road and Highway 100 (10.7 acres), to permit up to 54 multi-family units, being Property Parcel No. 007 as designated on Map 143-00 of the Official Property Identification Maps of The Metropolitan Government of Nashville and Davidson County, all of which is described by lines, words and figures on the plan that was duly considered by the Metropolitan Planning Commission, and which is on file with the Metropolitan Planning Department and Metropolitan Clerk’s Department and made a part of this ordinance as though copied herein.
Section 2. Be it further enacted, that the Metropolitan Clerk is hereby authorized and directed, upon the enactment and approval of this ordinance, to cause the change to be made on Map 143 of said Official Zoning Map for Metropolitan Nashville and Davidson County, as set out in Section 1 of this ordinance, and to make notation thereon of reference to the date of passage and approval of this amendatory ordinance.
Section 3. Be it further enacted, that the uses of this SP shall be limited to up to 54 multi-family residential units with a recreational center/ personal care service facility building.
Section 4. Be it further enacted, a corrected copy of the preliminary SP plan incorporating the conditions of approval by Metro Council shall be provided to the Planning Department prior to or with final site plan application.
1. Revise Note No. 1 “The purpose of this SP it to permit up to 54 multi-family units and a recreational center/personal care service facility”
2. Height for the residential units is limited maximum to 3 stories in 35 feet, to the roofline.
3. A 5 foot wide sidewalk shall be installed along the northern side of the drive aisle.
4. The following design standards shall be added to the plan:
a. Building façades fronting a street or open space shall provide a minimum of one principal entrance (doorway) and a minimum of 15% glazing.
b. Windows shall be vertically oriented at a ratio of 2:1 or greater, except for dormers.
c. EIFS, vinyl siding and untreated wood shall be prohibited.
d. Porches shall provide a minimum of six feet of depth.
5. Applicant is to work with planning staff prior to final site plan approval to ensure appropriate screening and view shed protection through the use of landscaping, buffering, and architectural elevations.
6. The final site plan shall depict the required public sidewalks, any required grass strip or frontage zone and the location of all existing and proposed vertical obstructions within the required sidewalk and grass strip or frontage zone. Prior to the issuance of use and occupancy permits, existing vertical obstructions shall be relocated outside of the required sidewalk. Vertical obstructions are only permitted within the required grass strip or frontage zone.
7. A pre-construction survey, similar to a pre-blasting survey, shall be conducted by the applicant prior to issuance of a grading permit for the Belle Meade Highland and Harpeth Glen condominium developments.
8. Short term rentals are a prohibited use within the SP district.
9. All construction traffic shall use only Highway 100 to the Vaughns Gap Road access point to access the site.
Section 5. Be it further enacted, minor modifications to the preliminary SP plan may be approved by the Planning Commission or its designee based upon final architectural, engineering or site design and actual site conditions. All modifications shall be consistent with the principles and further the objectives of the approved plan. Modifications shall not be permitted, except through an ordinance approved by Metro Council that increase the permitted density or floor area, add uses not otherwise permitted, eliminate specific conditions or requirements contained in the plan as adopted through this enacting ordinance, or add vehicular access points not currently present or approved.
Section 6. Be it further enacted, if a development standard, not including permitted uses, is absent from the SP plan and/or Council approval, the property shall be subject to the standards, regulations and requirements of the RM9-A zoning district as of the date of the applicable request or application. Uses are limited as described in the Council ordinance.
Section 7. Be it further enacted, that this ordinance take effect immediately after its passage and such change be published in a newspaper of general circulation, the welfare of The Metropolitan Government of Nashville and Davidson County requiring it.
Sponsored by: Mina Johnson
View Site Plan
|Introduced:||July 6, 2017|
|Passed First Reading:||July 6, 2017|
Commission – Approved with conditions and disapproved without all conditions (6-0)
Planning, Zoning, & Historical Committee
|Public Hearing Scheduled For:||August 1, 2017|
|Passed Second Reading:||August 1, 2017 - Roll Call Vote|
|Substitute Introduced:||August 15, 2017 - Roll Call Vote|
|Passed Third Reading:||August 15, 2017|
|Approved:||August 16, 2017|
|Effective:||August 18, 2017|
Requests for ADA accommodation should be directed to the Metropolitan Clerk