An ordinance to amend Title 17 of the Metropolitan Code of Laws, the Zoning Ordinance of The Metropolitan Government of Nashville and Davidson County, by changing from AR2a to SP zoning on properties located at 6922 Nolensville Pike, Nolensville Pike (unnumbered) and a portion of property located at 6444 Pettus Road, approximately 380 feet southeast of Pettus Road (4.39 acres), to permit an assisted living facility, all of which is described herein (Proposal No. 2017SP-070-001).
NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT ENACTED BY THE COUNCIL OF THE METROPOLITAN GOVERNMENT OF NASHVILLE AND DAVIDSON COUNTY:
Section 1. That Title 17 of the Code of Laws of The Metropolitan Government of Nashville and Davidson County, is hereby amended by changing the Official Zoning Map for Metropolitan Nashville and Davidson County, which is made a part of Title 17 by reference, as follows:
By changing from AR2a to SP zoning on properties located at 6922 Nolensville Pike, Nolensville Pike (unnumbered) and a portion of property located at 6444 Pettus Road, approximately 380 feet southeast of Pettus Road (4.39 acres), to permit an assisted living facility, Property Parcel Nos. 084, 085, 180 as designated on Map 181-00 of the Official Property Identification Maps of The Metropolitan Government of Nashville and Davidson County, all of which is described by lines, words and figures on the plan that was duly considered by the Metropolitan Planning Commission, and which is on file with the Metropolitan Planning Department and Metropolitan Clerk’s Department and made a part of this ordinance as though copied herein. .
Section 2. Be it further enacted, that the Metropolitan Clerk is hereby authorized and directed, upon the enactment and approval of this ordinance, to cause the change to be made on Map 181 of said Official Zoning Map for Metropolitan Nashville and Davidson County, as set out in Section 1 of this ordinance, and to make notation thereon of reference to the date of passage and approval of this amendatory ordinance.
Section 3. Be it further enacted, that the uses of this SP shall be limited to an assisted care living facility.
Section 4. Be it further enacted, a corrected copy of the preliminary SP plan incorporating the conditions of approval by Metro Council shall be provided to the Planning Department prior to or with final site plan application.
1. Revise the purpose note to read as follows: The purpose of this SP is to permit an assisted care living facility.
2. With the corrected copy, remove all references to multi-family residential.
3. Parking shall be provided per the specifications on the plan.
4. With the recording of a final plat, the applicant shall dedicate a cross-access easement permitting use of the proposed access drive by Map 181, Parcel(s) 083 and 084.
5. A minimum of a 5-foot sidewalk shall be provided along at least one side of the proposed access drive. The sidewalks internal to the development shall be connected to this sidewalk along the access drive to provide a pedestrian connection to the public sidewalk at the front of the property along Nolensville Pike. The sidewalk and connections shall be depicted and dimensioned on the Final Site Plan.
6. The south elevations of the building oriented toward Nolensville Pike shall be treated as a principle façade. Prior to submittal of a Final Site Plan, the applicant shall work with Planning staff to revise the south elevations to incorporate entrances, articulations, changes in material, glazing, or other architectural treatments that differentiate the elevations from the sides and rear of the building and enhance the presence of the building along Nolensville Pike. Building elevations otherwise consistent with the elevations included in the Preliminary SP shall be provided with the Final SP.
7. Comply with all conditions of Metro Public Works and Traffic and Parking.
8. The Preliminary SP plan is the site plan and associated documents. If applicable, remove all notes and references that indicate that the site plan is illustrative, conceptual, etc.
9. The requirements of the Metro Fire Marshal’s Office for emergency vehicle access and adequate water supply for fire protection must be met prior to the issuance of any building permits.
Section 5. Be it further enacted, minor modifications to the preliminary SP plan may be approved by the Planning Commission or its designee based upon final architectural, engineering or site design and actual site conditions. All modifications shall be consistent with the principles and further the objectives of the approved plan. Modifications shall not be permitted, except through an ordinance approved by Metro Council that increase the permitted density or floor area, add uses not otherwise permitted, eliminate specific conditions or requirements contained in the plan as adopted through this enacting ordinance, or add vehicular access points not currently present or approved.
Section 6. Be it further enacted, if a development standard, not including permitted uses, is absent from the SP plan and/or Council approval, the property shall be subject to the standards, regulations and requirements of the RM20-A zoning district as of the date of the applicable request or application. Uses are limited as described in the Council ordinance.
Section 7. Be it further enacted, that this ordinance take effect immediately after its passage and such change be published in a newspaper of general circulation, the welfare of The Metropolitan Government of Nashville and Davidson County requiring it.
Sponsored by: Fabian Bedne
View Site Plan
|Introduced:||September 5, 2017|
|Passed First Reading:||September 5, 2017|
Commission – Approved with conditions and disapproved without all conditions (7-0)
Planning, Zoning, & Historical Committee
|Public Hearing Scheduled For:||October 3, 2017|
|Passed Second Reading:||October 3, 2017|
|Passed Third Reading:||October 17, 2017|
|Approved:||October 19, 2017|
|Effective:||October 27, 2017|
Requests for ADA accommodation should be directed to the Metropolitan Clerk