RESOLUTION NO. RS2014-1152
A resolution recognizing the recent Awards and Accolades received by Nashville International Airport.
WHEREAS, for the past 77 years, Nashville International Airport (BNA) has played a vital role in connecting Nashville to the world and welcoming the world to Nashville; and
WHEREAS, in 2013, BNA achieved a Passenger Milestone by exceeding 10 million passengers, marking a record number 10.3 million passengers; and
WHEREAS, Nashville International Airport (BNA) and John C. Tune Airport (JWN) contribute more than $3.5 billion in total economic impact to the Middle Tennessee economy and nearly 38,000 jobs; and
WHEREAS, BNA strives to meet the air service demands of this booming city with new nonstop to key markets, including Boston, Dallas Love Field, Pittsburgh and Trenton and more service into Los Angeles, Washington, D.C. and New York; and
WHEREAS, BNA has been awarded numerous awards and accolades such as:
• BNA received Airport Revenue News’ Airport with the Best Airportwide Customer Service, Medium Category Award. (2014)
• Travel & Leisure readers ranked BNA No. 8 for America's Best Airport. (2013)
• BNA named one of seven of the world's most entertaining airports by CNN.com. (2013)
• Metropolitan Nashville Airport Authority (MNAA) named the 2012 Excellence Award Winner in the annual Excellence in Tennessee Recognition Program. MNAA is the first airport in the U.S. to earn this award at its state’s highest level and one of only two organizations in Tennessee that was recognized with the Excellence Award that year.
• Huffington Post named BNA's security checkpoint No. 6. (2013)
• BNA received the highest honor in Airport Concessions, Airports Council International–North America's 2011 Richard A. Griesbach Award of Excellence.
• Business Review USA ranked BNA Number 10 among Top Ten Airports. (2011)
• PCWorld named BNA Number 13 among 20 Best U.S. Airports for Tech Travelers. (2011)
• BNA was recognized for 2014 Commercial Project of the year for Airfield Project by American Association of Airport Executives–Southeast Chapter. (2014)
• MNAA won, Middle Tennessee Energy Award (Multiple Facility Category) from the Association of Energy Engineers. (2012)
• MNAA’s Arts at the Airport partnership program received 2012 winner of the Arts & Business Council of Greater Nashville’s Bowtie Award in the Arts Impact category.
• MNAA team received awards for achievement in all three areas of the Mayor’s Workplace Challenge (Being Green, Healthy, and Involved in the Community). MNAA achieved the Gold Level in Community Involvement and Health and Silver in the Green category. (2014)
• MNAA received Certificate of Achievement for Excellence in Financial Reporting from the Government Finance Officers Association of the United States and Canada for its 2013 Comprehensive Annual Financial Report. (2014)
• PENCIL Partners honored MNAA for its 25-year commitment. (2014)
• BNA was recognized as the Airport with the Best Customer Service, Airport with the Most Unique Airport Services, and Best Overall Concession Program in the Medium Airport Division in the Airport Revenue News’ 2011 Best Airport & Concessionaire Awards. (2012)
WHEREAS, it is fitting and proper that the Metropolitan Council recognizes the recent Awards and Accolades received by the Nashville International Airport and wish the airport team continued success as they continue to strive to make the airport an enjoyable place.
NOW THEREFORE, BE IT RESOLVED BY THE COUNCIL OF THE METROPOLITAN GOVERNMENT OF NASHVILLE AND DAVIDSON COUNTY:
Section 1. The Metropolitan Council hereby goes on record as recognizing the recent Awards and Accolades received by Nashville International Airport.
Section 2. The Metropolitan Council Office is directed to prepare a copy of this Resolution to be presented to Nashville International Airport on behalf of those who keep the day to day operations going.
Section 3. This Resolution shall take effect from and after its adoption, the welfare of The Metropolitan Government of Nashville and Davidson County requiring it.
Sponsored by: Walter Hunt
|Referred to:||Rules & Confirmations Committee|
|Introduced:||July 1, 2014|
|Adopted:||July 1, 2014|
|Approved:||July 7, 2014|
Requests for ADA accommodation should be directed to the Metropolitan Clerk at 615/862-6770.