Athletic Field Reservations
KEY DEPOSITS FOR USE OF LIGHTS, RESTROOMS, AND FOR GATES HAVE INCREASED TO $50.00 CASH PER KEY BEGINNING JANUARY 1, 2016.
Baseball Diamond Reservations
Participants Code of Conduct
Reservations for practice fields begin the third Monday in March and close the last day of October each year.
There are two steps to reserving a practice field:
- Making the reservation
- Receiving the permit
We accept cash, checks, money orders and debit/credit cards.
Please note: We charge a 2.3% transaction fee on all credit/debit cards. This fee does not go to Metro but to a third party processor.
Reservations are taken Monday - Friday between the hours of 8:00 am and 12:00 noon in person at the Park Office, or by calling (615) 862-8405 between the hours of 8:00 am and 12:00 noon. Due to the many calls that come through the office at the beginning of the season, you will be put on hold until the reservation specialist is available. Calls are taken on a first come, first served basis. It is to your best advantage to continue to hold until it is your turn.
Please have the following information ready when calling:
- Park Preference
- Day of Reservation
- Time of Reservation
- Contact Information
Reservations can be made up to fourteen days in advance (the day that you make your reservation counts as the first day). For example, if you call on Tuesday, you can reserve a field up through the Monday 14 days away.
Only two reservations per person, per call or visit are allowed.
After you make and pay for a reservation, you will be issued a permit for the use of a practice or game field. Permits are issued in 2 hour increments.
Daytime permits for Youth and Adults have a $40.00 usage fee per field per 2 hour period for In-County Residents and $45.00 usage fee per field per 2 hour period for Out-Of-County Residents.
Night Time Permits
Night time permits for Youth and Adult have a $60.00 usage fee per field per 2 hour period for In-County Residents and a $65.00 fee per 2 hour period for Out-Of-County Residents. In addition, there is a $50.00 CASH ONLY deposit required for the light key.
Failure to pay for your scheduled reservation may result in your not being allowed a future reservation.
The light key deposit will be refunded (1) when the key or keys have been returned to the Sports Office by 12:00 NOON the next business day following the expiration of the permit and (2) when the individual’s team or league has complied with Park Board rules concerning the use of the field and lights.
The light key deposit will be forfeited (1) if the key or keys have been lost or duplicated, (2) if the key or keys are not returned by 12:00 noon the next business day, (3) if the individual’s team or league fails to turn off the lights more than two (2) times during the year, or (4) if you or your team damage the lock or light box. It is the responsibility of the individual making the reservation to inspect the light box and lock immediately on arrival at the field. If the box is damaged or the lock is missing, a report must be made to the Parks Division ((615) 862-8411) or Sports Division ((615) 862-8424) by 12:00 noon the next day.
Permits will be emailed once payment has been received or you may pick up in person Monday through Friday from 8:00am until 12:00 noon. No permits will be mailed unless requested by the client.
- Cane Ridge Park Football Field - 419 Battle Road
- Centennial Park Outdoor Sand Volleyball Courts - 2500 West End Avenue
- Coleman Park Multipurpose Field - 384 Thompson Lane
- Dudley Park Multipurpose Field - 305 Chestnut Street
- Elmington Park Mulitpurpose Field - 3531 West End Avenue
- Green Hills Park Soccer Field - 1200 Lone Oak Road
- Hartman Park Multipurpose Field - 2801 Tucker Road
- Metro Soccer Complex (Dell) Games Only - 1266 Donelson Pike
- Morgan Park Multipurpose Field - 411 Hume Street
- Paradise Ridge Multipurpose Field - 3000 Morgan Road
- Ted Rhodes Park Multipurpose Fields (Cricket/Football/Soccer) - 720 Mainstream Drive
- Shelby Park Boguskie Multipurpose Field - 401 South 20th Street
- South Inglewood Parks Multipurpose Field - 1624 Rebecca Avenue
- Warner Park (Soccer) Games Only - 50 Vaughn Road
- Whites Creek (Cricket) - 7277 Old Hickory Blvd
The following fields are available for night time reservations. The cost depends on the number of fields lighted by the same light box and is for a two hour period.
Night Time Field Locations
- Centennial Park Outdoor Volleyball Courts - $40 for In-County & $45 for Out-Of-County
- Dudley Park Multipurpose Field - $60 for In-County & $65 for Out-Of-County
- Hartman Park Multipurpose Field - $60 for In-County & $65 for Out-Of-County
- Morgan Park Multipurpose Field - $60 for In-County & $65 for Out-Of-County
- Shelby Park Boguskie Multipurpose Field - $60 for In-County & $65 for Out-Of-County
Inclement Weather Conditions
The Sports Department will determine if rain or inclement weather has made the field(s) unplayable. Monday through Friday please call 615-862-8405 before 12:00 noon or 615-880-2233 after 12:00 noon to check on fields. If you can not reach our office and field conditions become unplayable, it is the responsibility of the user to cancel play if fields are not playable. Failure to do so will result in the user being responsible financially to the Parks Department for costs necessary to repair the fields that are damaged
Fields close October 31st each year.