The mission of the Sports Authority is to acquire, improve, repair, operate and maintain professional sports facilities and their surrounding campuses in Metro Nashville and Davidson County, within the provisions of governing contracts.
- To increase events at the Bridgestone Arena to decrease the operating deficit
- To maximize potential revenue to the Bridgestone Arena from rental of unoccupied space and evaluate options for relocating current tenants in order to generate greater financial benefit.
- To increase communication between Powers Management, Titans, and Metro Finance to keep all parties apprised of facility- related matters, especially those related to financial performance.
- To continue to look at ways to increase efficiency of the board and to function at a policy-making level.
- To continue to evaluate and implement Bridgestone Arena Audit recommendations
- To continue to educate the public of the economic impact of the Nissan Stadium and Bridgestone Arena.
- To maximize potential parking revenues.
- To explore and consider additional sports facilities.
- To ensure funding for future capital improvement projects at the Bridgestone Arena and Nissan Stadium.
- To explore the possibility of accelerating the ticket-tax clause to pay for capital requests for the Nissan Stadium.