Skip to Content
Public Works

Film and Special Events

The Office of Film and Special Events oversees the coordination and permitting process for all filming, special events, parades and street banners in the Nashville & Davidson County area. Events that require street closures or the involvement of Metro Government Departments require specific permits.

Event Permit (Festival, Block Party, Run, Walk, Parade, etc.)

John Seigenthaler Pedestrian Bridge Usage

Film Permit

Street Pole Banner Program

Permit Resources

Street Closures



Fire Marshal

Food Sales



Waste and Recycling


Claudia Huskey - Mayor's Office (Special Events & Film)
(615) 880-1503

Gordon Richard - Special Events
(615) 862-8597

Public Works Permits Office - Film & Banner
(615) 862-8782