MACC is committed to reuniting lost and found pets with their families. We take in lost and found pets and stray animals every day. All lost and found pets are held for at least 3 working days, to provide you time to come find them or for us to reunite them with their families. If the pet is not claimed after the 3 working days, the animal gets released to the shelter and evaluated for placement, including possibly euthanasia.
If you have lost a pet follow these steps:
- Search Pet Harbor and view animals currently at Metro Animal Care and Control
- Visit Metro Animal Care and Control and Fill out a Lost Dog Report. Check the shelter every day. All animals are held for 3 business days before being evaluated for adoption.
- Post signs and fliers. Signs should be eye-catching and include a picture. Signs can also be posted at MACC.
- Post an online Lost and Found listing on other sites.
- Search online Lost and Found listings every day.
- Search your neighborhood. Talk with neighbors, local veterinarians, delivery drivers and postal carriers. Don't forget about newspaper deliverers that work early in the morning.
- Call other shelters. Your pet could have been taken to another shelter.
- Call veterinarians close to your location. Sometimes people will drop off stray animals if they are unable to get them to MACC.
Online Lost Pet Form
Please note, on any given day our shelter holds around 300 animals. Often times multiple animals fit the same description as your lost pet. For this reason we cannot stress enough the importance of providing us with a picture of your missing pet. Please attach a clear picture of your missing pet at the bottom of this form so we may better assist you in searching for your lost pet.