About the Study
New the study? Check out our orientation information to get caught up.
The Metro Nashville Planning Department and global design firm, Perkins Eastman, are undertaking a multi-month study focused on the future land use, urban design, mobility, open space, and environmental resiliency of the East Bank. The Study will guide cohesive and coordinated redevelopment of the East Bank, through updates to the land use policy, the street plan, and changes to Nashville’s long-range general plan, NashvilleNext.
The Study area is roughly 338 acres, bounded by I-24 to the east and south, the Cumberland River to the west, and Jefferson Street to the north.
Sign up to receive email updates about this study.
Every successful plan requires robust community engagement and coordination with stakeholders. Planners have met with area property owners and have formed two advisory committees, a Neighborhood and a Technical Advisory Committee, to work closely with throughout the planning process..
Public meetings for the Study began on February 4, 2021. Future engagement opportunities will include a design workshop, and a draft open house event. Notification of upcoming engagement opportunities will be posted to this page and mailed to property owners within and adjacent to the study area.
- February 4, 2021 – Imagine East Bank Informational Meeting Video
- March 11, 2021 – Update and overview to the Planning Commission
- April 13, 2021 – Public Announcement of Perkins and Eastman Team
- April 26-27, 2021 – Overview of key infrastructure and site constraints, with utilities departments
- April 26, 2021 – Presentation to Shelby Hills Neighborhood Association
- May 10, 2021 – Virtual Kickoff meeting of Technical Advisory Committee
- May 10, 2021 – Virtual Kickoff meeting of Neighborhood Advisory Committee
- May 11, 2021 – Imagine East Bank Public Kickoff Meeting Video
- June 7, 2021 – Second meeting of Technical Advisory Committee
- June 7, 2021 – Second meeting of Neighborhood Advisory Committee
- June 8, 2021 – Community Stakeholder Meeting
- June 8, 2021 – Waterfront Community Meeting
- June 29, 2021 – Third meeting of the Technical Advisory Committee
- July 14 and 15, 2021 – Planning and Design Principles Public Workshop
- August 23 and 24, 2021 – Public Workshop
Unable to make the in-person workshops? Please take our East Bank survey!