Request, Transfer or Terminate Service
Residential customers starting water service must pay a non-refundable service initiation fee of $35.00 for guaranteed same day service or $25.00 for any day thereafter. Commercial customers must pay a cash deposit, post a bond, secure a certificate of deposit, or present a letter of credit before services can be initiated. The amount of the deposit is generally based on two months estimated usage.
A service transfer fee of $35.00 for guaranteed same day service or $25.00 for any day thereafter is charged to customers who transfer service to another location in the service area.
Customers wanting to terminate water service should call the Customer Services Center the day before service is to be discontinued. Callers will be given a confirmation number that should be kept until a final bill is received.
MWS Standard Terms of Service
1. Water and sewerage services will be provided in accordance with the Metropolitan Code of Laws and the rules, regulations and policies of Metro Water Services. All services shall be paid for at the established schedules of rates, based on water consumption as registered by customer’s water meter. Except as expressly stated in the Metropolitan Code of Laws, no adjustment shall be made for leaks in customer’s water lines.
2. Customer agrees to abide by all federal, state and local laws, rules, regulations and policies relating to water and sewerage service.
3. Customer waives any claim for damage caused by an interruption in water or sewerage service resulting from accident, system shut-downs for repairs, alterations or improvements and discontinuation of service for non-payment or violation of applicable laws, rules, regulations and policies.
4. Customer agrees to keep all plumbing on customer’s property in good operating condition and free from leaks.
5. Any customer discharging wastewater containing substances that damage the public sewer system shall be liable for all costs incurred by the Metropolitan Government on account of such discharge, including the costs of repairing the damage.
6. Customer’s use of water or sewerage services shall constitute customer’s acceptance of these terms of service.