Adopted Codes List
All code books are available from the model code organizations and are available for review at the office of The Metropolitan Clerk.
List of code editions adopted by the Metro Government:
- 2012 INTERNATIONAL BUILDING CODE WITH LOCAL AMENDMENTS*
- 2012 INTERNATIONAL RESIDENTIAL CODE WITH LOCAL AMENDMENTS*
- 2012 INTERNATIONAL ENERGY CONSERVATION CODE
- 2009 ICC/ANSI A-117.1 ACCESSIBLE AND USABLE BUILDINGS AND FACILITIES
- 2012 INTERNATIONAL PLUMBING CODE WITH LOCAL AMENDMENTS*
- 2012 INTERNATIONAL MECHANICAL CODE WITH LOCAL AMENDMENTS*
- 2012 INTERNATIONAL FUEL GAS CODE WITH LOCAL AMENDMENTS*
- 2011 NATIONAL ELECTRICAL CODE WITH LOCAL AMENDMENTS*
- 2012 INTERNATIONAL FIRE CODE WITH LOCAL AMENDMENTS**
- 2012 LIFE SAFETY CODE (NFPA 101) WITH LOCAL AMENDMENTS**
NFPA 101 is to be used in addition to the 2012 International Fire Code for new and existing State of Tennessee and Metropolitan Government of Nashville owned buildings, and for the following new and existing occupancies as defined in the NFPA 101 Life Safety Code 2012 edition:
- Educational occupancies
- Day Care occupancies
- Residential board and care occupancies
- Health Care occupancies.
1998 METROPOLITAN COMPREHENSIVE ZONING ORDINANCE***
* See Chapter 16 of Metro Code of Laws for local code amendments.
** See Chapter 10 of Metro Code of Laws for adopted and local amendments.
*** See Chapter 17 of Metro Code of Laws for zoning text.