The Metro Water Services rain barrel sale is back for a limited time. Now until May 24, Nashville residents can get a great rate on 50-gallon rain barrels. The Ivy barrels are available for a subsidized rate of $52.50 for Metropolitan Nashville and Davidson County stormwater customers.
To get the special rate, purchase online at www.rainbarrelprogram.org/nashville by 11 p.m. on Sunday, May 24, 2020.
Rain barrels will be available for pick up on Saturday, May 30, 2020 from 9 a.m.-Noon at Nissan Stadium, Lot N.
Non-residents including residents of area Satellite Cities (Belle Meade, Berry Hill, Forest Hills, Goodlettsville, Oak Hill and Ridgetop) that are not Metro Water Services stormwater customers can purchase a rain barrel for $72.50.
- 42.5" tall X 22.5" diameter
- Bug-proof screen keeps out mosquitoes and other pests
- Made in America
- Child-proof locking lid
- Can use overflow hose to link additional barrels
There are also many local options to purchase rain barrels, including garden centers and hardware stores.
Here are a few tips to keep in mind when shopping for, or building, a rainbarrel:
- Prevent mosquitoes – Your rain barrel should have a screen completely covering the hole on top where water enters from the down spout.
- Provide overflow drainage – Your rain barrel should have an overflow hole near the top, with a connecting hose, to allow excess water to drain out and runoff away from the house.
Please contact us with any comments or questions about the rain barrels, delivery and installation services.