Electronic waste is not allowed in waste containers and should be recycled (Metro Code 10.20.095). There are a number of electronic waste recycling options for residents and businesses:
- Metro residents, with valid Davidson County identification, can take electronic waste to the East, Ezell Pike and Omohundro Convenience Centers for recycling. Convenience Centers are for residential material only. There is no fee to recycle at the convenience center.
- Businesses with electronic waste can contact local area e-waste recyclers.
- A number of retail locations offer drop-off, donation and "take back" programs.
- Cellular Phones
- Computers (limit one computer system per month)
- Computer components (cables, keyboards, mice, hubs, external drives, peripherals, etc.),
- DVD/VCR Players
- E-Book Readers
- Fax Machines
- Hand-held Electronics
- MP3 Players
- Music/Video Cassettes and Disks
- Rechargeable Batteries
- Smart Phones
- Electronics from any type of business or commercial use
- Truck or trailer loads of electronics
- Any electronic waste in commercial or work vehicles.
- Any electronic waste from out of county residents.
For questions about electronic waste call 615-862-5000.