Curbside Collection Information
If you live in Nashville’s Urban Services District and receive trash collection from Metro in the brown rolling carts, your household is eligible to participate in the curbside recycling program. Eligible households are allowed up to 3 recycling carts at no cost.
If you live in the General Services District or a multi-family complex throughout Davidson County, contact your private hauler for information on recycling. All private haulers are required to offer a recycling option for their trash customers. Metro does not supply curbside recycling carts to buildings that use dumpsters for trash collection service.
- Eligible households are allowed up to 3 recycling carts at no cost.
- Recycling is collected once a month.
- On your collection day, place your cart on the curb or alley by 7 a.m. with the arrow on the lid pointing toward the street or alley. Your recycling will be collected between the hours of 7 a.m. and 5 p.m.
- Items that are placed outside the recycle cart will not be picked up.
- Do not place the cart within 3 feet of any stationary object such as a car, mailbox, utility pole, recycling cart, etc.
- If recycling pick-up is delayed due to inclement weather, your recycling will be picked-up the following Saturday.
Recycling is not collected on holidays. If your recycling collection day falls on a holiday, all collection days after the holiday in that week will be delayed by one day. For example, if the holiday is on a Monday, collection for Monday customers will be on Tuesday, Tuesday customers on Wednesday, Wednesday customers on Thursday, etc.
Helpful Recycling Links
Request a New Curbside Cart Sticker
Residential curbside customers can request a 5" x 15" decal for their Metro-issued green curbside recycling carts with the current recycling guidelines. The most recent sticker is from June 2020. If you have a previous sticker, please request a new one here or check out the new recycling guidelines on this web page for updated information on our recycling guidelines. Decals are for use on Metro curbside recycling carts only and will only be issued to customers with curbside recycling service from Metro.
Request a new recycling cart sticker.
Other Recycling Options
Some materials not accepted curbside or at recycling drop-off sites can still be recycled:
Get Rowdy Recycle News
Join our Get Rowdy! Recycle Right Nashville Facebook group. This group is a place for Metro Nashville and Davidson County residents to
- ask questions about what you can and cannot recycle in Nashville
- discuss issues surrounding recycling in Nashville and beyond
- get answers about Metro Nashville's recycling program from the people that manage Metro Nashville's recycling program
Sign up for the Get Rowdy Recycle newsletter. This quarterly newsletter includes tips for how to Recycle Right, news about recycling collection and drop-off sites, and resources to learn more about the state of recycling.
Printable Materials and Signage