Athletic Field Reservations
Key deposits for use of lights, restrooms, and gates are $50.00 cash per key.
Reservations for sports fields begin the third Monday in March and close the last day of October each year.
There are three steps to reserving a sports field:
- Making/paying for the reservation
- Receiving the permit
- Checking out keys if needed
We accept cash, checks, money orders and debit/credit cards.
Note: We charge a 2.3% transaction fee on all credit/debit cards. This fee does not go to Metro but to a third party processor.
Reservations are taken Monday–Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 12:00 noon by phone only at 615-862-8405 or you may come in to the office from 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. Due to the large number of calls we receive at the beginning of the season, please wait on hold for our first available assistant. We take calls on a first come, first served basis.
Have the following information ready:
- Park Preference
- Day of Reservation
- Time of Reservation
- Contact Information
- Method of Payment
You may reserve up to fourteen days in advance. The day you make your reservation counts as the first day. For example, if you call on Tuesday, you may reserve a field through Monday, 14 days away.
We allow only two reservations per person, per call or visit.
Reserve and pay to receive a permit. Once payment
is received permits will be emailed unless requested to be mailed. Or, you may
pick up in person Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. until 4:00 p.m.
Residents: $40.00 per field per 2-hour period
Non-Residents: $45.00 per field per 2-hour period
Night Time Permits
Residents: $60.00 per field per 2-hour period
Non-Residents: $65.00 per field per 2-hour period
Light Key - $50.00 deposit (CASH ONLY).
We refund your key deposit if
- you return the keys to the Sports Office by 12:00 noon the next business day following the permit expiration
- your team or league complies with Park Board field and light rules
We do not refund your key deposit if
- you lose or duplicate keys
- you do not return the keys by 12:00 noon the next business day
- your team or league fails to turn off the lights more than twice during the year
- your team or league damages the lock or light box
- Cane Ridge Park Football Field - 419 Battle Road
- Centennial Park Outdoor Sand Volleyball Courts - 2500 West End Avenue
- Coleman Park Multipurpose Field - 384 Thompson Lane
- Dudley Park Multipurpose Field - 305 Chestnut Street
- Elmington Park Mulitpurpose Field GAMES ONLY- 3531 West End Avenue
- Green Hills Park Soccer Field GAMES ONLY - 1200 Lone Oak Road
- Hartman Park Multipurpose Field - 2801 Tucker Road
- Metro Soccer Complex (Dell) GAMES ONLY - 1266 Donelson Pike
- Morgan Park Multipurpose Field - 411 Hume Street
- Ted Rhodes Park Multipurpose Fields (Cricket/Football/Soccer) - 720 Mainstream Drive
- Shelby Park Boguskie Multipurpose Field - 401 South 20th Street
- South Inglewood Parks Multipurpose Field - 1624 Rebecca Avenue
- Warner Park (Soccer) games only - 50 Vaughn Road
- Whites Creek (Cricket) - 7277 Old Hickory Blvd
Night Time Field Locations
- Centennial Park Outdoor Volleyball Courts - $40 for In-County and $45 for Out-Of-County
- Dudley Park Multipurpose Field - $60 for In-County and $65 for Out-Of-County
- Hartman Park Multipurpose Field - $60 for In-County and $65 for Out-Of-County
- Morgan Park Multipurpose Field - $60 for In-County and $65 for Out-Of-County
- Shelby Park Boguskie Multipurpose Field - $60 for In-County and $65 for Out-Of-County
The cost depends on the number of fields lit by the same light box for a two-hour period. You are responsible for inspecting the light box and lock immediately upon your arrival at the field. If the box is damaged or the lock is missing, you must file a report to the Parks Division (615-862-8411) or Sports Division (615-862-8424) by 12:00 noon the next day.
Inclement Weather Conditions
The Sports Department determines whether rain or inclement weather makes fields unplayable. Monday through Friday, call 615-862-8405 before 12:00 noon or 615-880-2233 after 12:00 noon to check field status. If you cannot reach our office and field conditions are unplayable, you are responsible for canceling play. If you do not cancel, you are financially responsible for field repair costs.
Fields close October 31 each year.