NashView – Explore Your Community
Opportunity NOW web portal
Development Services Center
Ford Ice Center
Streaming on Metro Nashville Network
Video Gallery Archive
Citizens' Guide to the Metro Budget
Look up your Trash, Recycling, and Brush Collection
Receive and Pay Your Water Bill
Review and Pay Your Electric Bill
Renew Your Vehicle Registration
Is there a specific area or venue within this park where you want to host your event? Please provide details.
Please check all items below that apply to your event and include any additional details in the space provided.
Instructions, terms, and conditions for Parks Facilities Usage
Please download/print the above document. Please read this document and each of the conditions below. After reading everything, please click the checkboxes and put your name in the box above the submit button to acknowledge and agree to all conditions.
1. The discovery of false or misleading information regarding the applicant or the described event activities or attendance on this application will result in the rejection of approval of use on the park property and denial of future request to access park property.
2. Permits will not be granted to any event with a past due balance to Metro Parks or Metro Park Police. Past due balances must be paid in full, without exception, before new applications will be accepted.
3. Event organizer is responsible for trash disposal on all permitted days including setup and tear down. Organizer must submit a plan for event clean up with name of vendor if one is used. No permit will be issued until this plan is approved. If event space is not clean after the event, the permit holder will be billed $250.00.
4. is the permit holder's responsibility to immediately contact Park Police once an event date has been approved by Metropolitan Board of Parks & Recreation. The contact information will be provided by Parks. Parks may determine that permit holders must hire Park Police officers or hire an approved security company to provide an action plan for the event no later 14 days before event. Event action plan must be preapproved by the Park Police or their designee. (b.) Park Police have the right to determine the suitability of any firm providing protection for an event on Parks property.
5. Events with 1,500 attendees of more may be required to hire a Maintenance staff person to monitor event activities and serve as the Parks staff representative. Events requiring Parks staff on overtime must be paid within two weeks of invoicing.
6. All special events held in Parks requesting permission to have amplified music must be considered by the Board of Parks & Recreation at the monthly meeting the first Tuesday of the month. Requests for amplification must be received no later than two weeks prior to meeting.
7. Unless permitted by the Board of Parks and Recreation, alcoholic beverages are not allowed in Park Facilities. Metro Park Board approval is required prior to receiving a permit from the Beer Board or the State Alcoholic Beverage Commission. The Metropolitan Government shall assume no liability for the actions of individuals as a result of issuance of a permit to consume alcoholic beverages on Park property. All sales and service of alcohol must cease 30 minutes prior to the event ending. Event fencing is required for events involving alcohol. Fencing type and placement must be approved by Park Police prior to the event. Event applicants must also submit $1 million of general liability insurance with additional liquor liability coverage naming Metro Parks & Recreation as additionally insured. Permits will not be issued until policy is received. The permit holder will be responsible for monitoring the behavior of individuals attending the event.
8. Please note that there is a no-staking policy enforced within all Metro Parks. The only tents permitted in Parks venues are tents that are secured with water ballast or tents that do not require staking.
9. Keys may be required for your event. We require a deposit of $50 to ensure the return of all keys. The deposit drop off and key pick up must be made the day prior to the event and keys must be returned the day following the event. If keys are not returned after two business days, deposits will only be available through the Metro Refund process.
© 2019 Metropolitan Government of Nashville and Davidson County, Tennessee